The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Trials or training seminars near north west Louisiana

Default Trials or training seminars near north west Louisiana

Morning all

I am new to the site wanting to stuff my brain full of info as i am working with my pup everyday. I am very interested in watching a Hunt test (AKC-UKC) soon does anyone know if there is one coming up in my area or if there is some website that shows all the dates. I'm looking to learn how they are run as well as what kinda of ponds they are running on (building my own this winter).

Thanks to anyone and everyone.

Patrick

Patrick, there are two ways to check the Hunt Test schedule. One is at the AKC website: http://www.akc.org/events/search/ind...2&fixed_tab=12
    Once you're on the that page, click the "Event type" window and scroll down to Hunt Tests. Then go the USA map and click on your state or states then click search and it will come up with a calendar of local hunt tests. Be aware that the list will include spaniel and bird dog hunt tests as well as Retriever Hunt Tests, so make sure you are looking for retriever HT.

The other place to look is Entry Express. You will have to sign up with your name and password to get to the information, but it is free and you may as well sign up now, cause that's how you will be entering hunt tests in the future.

Here is the web site for Entry Express Hunt Tests: http://www.entryexpress.net/loggedIn...ue&eventType=2 You will have to go the main page to sign in and create an account. Looks like there's not one in LA until October 26. But it is put on by the Pontchartrain Retriever Club. maybe you could google that club and make some contacts with club member.

Good luck,
    Jennifer

Jennifer thanks for the help there new to this game and very eager to learn!

Central La puts on their test in early August near Pineville/Alexandria. Lake Charles puts on theirs first weekend of October. North La has theirs around mid September between Monroe and Shreveport. Pm me and when I see the final dates I'll respond.