The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Repealing the Ethanol Mandate

Default Repealing the Ethanol Mandate

Could it really happen? Would be remarkable.
    It's a rare day in the nation's capital when a bipartisan group of senators comes together to end a misguided environmental regulation that is hurting the U.S. economy, unnecessarily costing consumers and exposing American manufacturers to potentially devastating liability litigation. But that's exactly what Sen. John Barrasso, R-Wyo., Sen. Pat Toomey, R-Pa., and Sen. David Pryor, D-Ark., are doing in co-sponsoring the Renewable Fuel Standard Repeal Act.
    http://washingtonexaminer.com/examin...rticle/2532274
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

There is hope. Maybe they can 'get er done'.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Could it really happen? Would be remarkable.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/examin...rticle/2532274
    Doubtfull with all of the heavy ag state special interest groups in Rep & Dem pockets.

They can't even fix the obscene farm welfare bill.

Hope I am wrong.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Doubtfull with all of the heavy ag state special interest groups in Rep & Dem pockets.

Hope I am wrong.
    I would agree that ethanol has been a failure, but this will hurt farmers when the demand for corn declines. This will not be the first time the government made big promises and pull the rug out later.

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    I would agree that ethanol has been a failure, but this will hurt farmers when the demand for corn declines. This will not be the first time the government made big promises and pull the rug out later.
    Not so sure farmers will be hurt that bad. With the decline in cattle on the hoof, sensable corn prices should help rebound the herd and send the corn and grains where they should be going, to the food chain.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Ethanol sales have been a bust around here. People go out of their way to find filling stations that pump pure gas. They are easy to spot as the owners place big "pure gas" signs in front of their businesses. Plus, all of the Gulf Coast Marinas sell pure gas only. My boat has a "no ethanol" symbol where the nozzle receptor is located. I wouldn't think of burning anything but pure gas in all my power equipment and truck! That's because I would like to keep my equipment running.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post

Hope I am wrong.
    As it is with the Immigration bill, most farmers do not care as long as they get more than their share when they hit the trough. The only way the Farm Bill will get fixed is if the Farm part & the Welfare part (meaning Food Stamps) are separate bills. Recognize that both parts are welfare, just go to different wealth constituencies .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!