The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: some pics of Australian trials for chris

Default some pics of Australian trials for chris

i know its not american but if anyone is interested here are some pics and short vids from last weekends trialling

last run on saturday consisted of a blind run from below dam level with a mark out of sight of the handler and up to the left and a two bird i think u call the bulldogs on the way back from the blind . The line to the blind ensured that the dog was out of sight for about 30 m which gave it the opportunity to switch and disqualify the blind is placed up the hill at the far end of the dam and the swim is about 70 m this pic is taken from the top of the dam the firing point is 2 m lower

v
    another blind that was run prior to picking up a mark and a diversion bird walkup
    v
    you can see the game steward in the foreground he throws a short mark across the river a longer mark is thrown at the end of the treeline pick up the long mark then the short6 mark then the blind

here is the blind about 100 m so short but very narrow channel yet very clearly defined your dog needs to swim twice and be able to angle in subtly

Very cool Peter. How did you do?
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

I bombed out saturday but I managed to win and also come third on sunday Corey. The USA dogs are really starting to make their mark in australia and in particular NSW where i trial U.S.A dogs have won 4 out of the last 5 all age stakes We also have several very well bred american youngsters running in novice at the moment which really impress me they have nice line manners and mark well

You are racking them up. Congratulations. Great to see the American dogs doing well down under.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

yep Corey there are at least 5 RTCH's in Australia now that i know about We have British ,Australian and american dogs competing here so we are in a unique position to evaluate the pros and cons
    For a long time my dog Bossco was the lone american dog that was successful but now others have followed.I have watched some of the british stuff over the years and i see a great variety in the standard some are too sluggish for me and some are very high end.I find the american dogs easier to train but not easier to trial.I have seen some competitors really struggle to get american dogs up to the line.On balance i believe the american dogs to be superior and I certainly wont be going back to australian or british bloodlines

Now if you can just get the Lions out of there and get back to Super Rugby all would be well.

That is cool to have three different sub types of labs. That would be interesting to see. British labs don't show up that much here and would be hard pressed to think of one that has made a big mark in FT's here. Really interesting grounds for a trial in the photo.
    Corey Burke

the lions v wallabys test match on Saturday night will be more than enormnous i think about half the world will be holding there breath .The lions have left O'Driscoll out of the team which has resulted in international condemnation.I think there are about 150 countries laughing at the poms right about now
    The british labs we have over here come with good pedigrees most are FTCH x FTCH and i have seen some reasonably high end ones but i have also seen a lot of totally gutless ones which have done quite well even titled We heavily penalize poor line manners which brings some american dogs back to the field over here

What are the American bloodlines that you speak of? I know a few years ago several dogs were chosen for importation of semen to Australia, are any of them producing dogs running in the trials now?
    HRCH TilHe CallsUsHome ~ Tilly

Line manner are always the knock on American labs. You guys just need to learn how to get em in check. Seriously though it just doesn't seem like it should be genetic, but many a good trainer has had issues with them.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by JJaxon View Post
    What are the American bloodlines that you speak of? I know a few years ago several dogs were chosen for importation of semen to Australia, are any of them producing dogs running in the trials now?
    some of the americans from our last trial include
    rtch candlewoods aussie connection NAFC FC AFC fourwinds icebreaker x FC yaddadadda do it MH
    rtch rtruclass bossco FC AFC watermarks the boss x hunters silky midnight moon (texas) old ruff n ready lines back to Rada from jim swan
    RTCH truclass give m hell FC rargo11 x truclass pink who is lean mac x boss bitch
    other sires include adderslot star spangled yank 3 x lean mac
    AFC westwoods sunday silence
    rada also features heavily in the pedigree of my old bitch RTCH featherhunt justlike gabby
    in victoria there are some watermarks dogs running watermarks KD and running bear i believe
    i think u will agree that we have access to some of the best that the USA can offer
    with some of the british stuff we have out here many of the dogs are FTCH x FTCh unlike the british labs that u have in the states which appear to have no titles please correct me if i am wrong but i assume not to many FC AFC come out of wildrose and its ilk
    I competed last year against the best british dogs in australia and was reasonably impressed but i still cant go past watermarks the boss as the best sire for australian conditions