The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: some pics of Australian trials for chris

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Line manner are always the knock on American labs. You guys just need to learn how to get em in check. Seriously though it just doesn't seem like it should be genetic, but many a good trainer has had issues with them.
    corey line manners are genetic!!!!!!!!!!!!! my fargo bitch walks a tightrope every trial it is the price u pay for a very tractable high drive dog in training that allows u to achieve amazing lines on blinds and either stars or crash and burns under competition conditions

Stoney,

Thanks very much for the pictures and the post.

I love seeing (and imaginging) the similarities and differences between the retriever events in the US versus those elsewhere.

In your avatar picture are two "striped" poles on either side of you. Do those designate "the line" in a trial?

Thanks! Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Hey Peter, you forgot my American bred dogs over here in Western Australia !! RT CH Truclass Ruff Diamond by Nat.R.T.Ch 98,99,00 Truclass Ruff & Ready out of Hunter's Silky Midnight Moon AND R.T.Ch Truclass The Whiz Kid (AI) by Timber Town Black Belt out of Hunter's Silky Midnight Moon (Imp USA).

Diamond has won 3 All Age trials and placed 2nd twice this season and Whiz has won 2 All Age stakes this season. We have only had 6 All Age stakes so far here, so my two have won 5 out of 6.

Both dogs are pretty nice with line manners, and both are sensational at lining. Last win for Whiz she scored 64/65 and 63/65 for first two runs incorporating multiple blinds and marks.

sorry kerry your dogs have been going exceptionally well I have been following your progress your dog diamond has the same mother as my dog bossco i didnt forget your dogs timber town black belt is a rada son if i am not mistaken Jim Swan took rada to a national finalist in the 1980s i believe Rada had a delivery problem which jim fixed and they get a mention in tom quinns book "the working retrievers" when jim did a lay down submission on rada prior to the last series of the US national I was able to ask Jim about that in person when i meet him a couple of years ago
    Chris the poles in my avatar we refer to as pegs and it delineates a line from which we work much like your matt i will post up some more pics from this weekend tomorrow

Corey the lions killed us on saturday night they travel with 30 thousand fanatical fans who will travel across the world to support them I know of no other sporting team in the world who has a fan base like that
    Robbie Deans should get sacked today

this weekend in NSW was dominated by american dogs winning and placing both days in all age and winning novice on sunday

somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia

Yeah I saw the beating. Not pretty at all.

So were you among the winner with American dogs?
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

i won on saturday with RTCH truclass give m hell FC fargo x truclass pink
    sunday was won by RTCH candlewoods aussie connection NAFC icebreaker x FC candlewoods yakkadakka MH
    bossco came 2nd and ellie 3rd
    so the americans totally dominated much like the lions did in the test match

somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia

Sounds like YOU dominated! Congratulations.

I see Deans is gone. What's up with the Rebels dumping O'Conner? I haven't seen him much, but seems like a first class player. Not sure I understand that move. Am I missing something?
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Nice job Stoney!!! Congratulations!

thanks corey and pals yeah i had a good weekend
    on the subject of the football Corey o'connor is high risk he can win and lose u games and his days as the whiz kid are over
    Ewan Mckenzie is the new wallabys coach which is a good move maybe now we will spread the ball
    Deans had Australia playing northern hemisphere rugby and that is why we lost. have a great kicker . great lineout jumpers ,and kick and ruck tactical rugby'It is boring and unaustralian
    The southern hemisphere has always had the best body contact athletes in the world and that is why the all blacks and springboks dominate
    ten man rugby sucks and the poms isolated Falou and we isolated george north so the 2 biggest weapons in world contact sports were left twiddling their thumbs
    now that we have lost to the lions and murray won wimbledon the poms are going to think they are the worlds best sporting nation
    makes u wont to cry doesnt it