The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RINO's

Default RINO's

It seems in last 6 months that the term RINO is being thrown around as a derogatory term, what exactly makes a politician a RINO? I would assume that someone like Roland Reagen, with his stance on banning assault rifles, amnesty for illegals, shorting prison sentences for inmates, cutting weapons, Reagen phones, compromising with Democrats, Union Boss, raising taxes etc..., would make him pretty much King RINO. Was a RINO like Reagen a good President, or should a guy like that be ousted from the party?
    Last edited by mngundog; 06-29-2013 at 08:07 PM.

mngundog.....let me see if I can help with the term RINO... RINO’s(Republican’s In Name Only) are elected Republicans, who consistently vote contrary to existing ConservativePrinciples (Example of these Principles below). If you look at Ronald Reagan’s record in total you, of course, will seethat he did consistently follow these principles, with a few notable exceptions(e.g. Immigration 1986, see below)
    President Reagan authenticated today’s modern concepts of Conservatism. He admittedly made some decisions that helater considered mistakes (see below). But these were the exception during his time in office.
    Ronald Reagan himself, as told to his trusted long-time friend and U.S. Attorney General Edwin Meese, the biggest mistake of his presidency was signing the l986 amnesty for what turned out to be more than half the five million illegal immigrants inthe country. Reagan was uncomfortable with the amnesty but was persuaded by some of the leaders of his own party (still living) that it would only affect a small number of illegal immigrants and would assure that Congress would follow through with more vigorous enforcement of U.S. immigration laws (Which the have not to date).
    Ronald Regan’s Conservative Principles
    1. American Exceptionalism
    2. Secure Borders
    3. Strong Military
    4. Energy Independence
    5. Individual Rights
    6. Individual Responsibility
    7. Limited Government
    8. LowTaxes and Fiscal Constraint
    9. Supreme Court Bound to laws based on a strict interpretation of the U. S.Constitution
    10. Religious Freedom
    11. Respect for Life
    12. Right to Bear Arms
    Marco Rubio is still considered Conservative by most, although he has done a few things that suggest he may not yet be ready for a larger role in Washington. His recent support of the Senate Immigration Reform Bill and his hiring of S.C.political consultant Terry Sullivan as his deputy chief of staff are both of concern to Conservatives. (Prior toworking for Rubio, Sullivan had spent the last decade electing dozens of big government “Republicans” in South Carolina. (e.g.J. Warren Tompkins), most of which are considered by Conservatives to be RINO’s.) you If are a Conservative, I hope this helps....if you are not, consider it a free lesson in understanding American Patriotism

Last edited by swampcollielover; 06-30-2013 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    mngundog.....let me see if I can help with the term RINO... RINO’s(Republican’s In Name Only) are elected Republicans, who consistently vote contrary to existing ConservativePrinciples (Example these Principles below). If you look at Ronald Reagan’s record in total you, of course, will seethat he did consistently follow these principles, with a few notable exceptions(e.g. Immigration 1986, see below)
    PresidentReagan authenticated today’s modern concepts of Conservatism. He admittedly made some decisions that helater considered mistakes (see below). But these were the exception during his time in office.
    Ronald Reaganhimself, as told to his trusted long-time friend and U.S. Attorney GeneralEdwin Meese, the biggest mistake of his presidency was signing the l986 amnestyfor what turned out to be more than half the five million illegal immigrants inthe country. Reagan was uncomfortable with the amnesty but was persuaded bysome of the leaders of his own party (still living) that it would only affect asmall number of illegal immigrants and would assure that Congress would followthrough with more vigorous enforcement of U.S. immigration laws.
    Ronald Regan’s Conservative Principles
    1. AmericanExceptionalism
    2. SecureBorders
    3. StrongMilitary
    4. EnergyIndependence
    5. IndividualRights
    6. IndividualResponsibility
    7. LimitedGovernment
    8. LowTaxes and Fiscal Constraint
    9. SupremeCourt 0 Bound to rule based on a strict interpretation of the U. S.Constitution
    10. ReligiousFreedom
    11. Respectfor Life
    12. Rightto Bear Arms
    Marco Rubio is still considered Conservativeby most, although he has done a few things that suggest he may not yet be readyfor a larger role in Washington. Hisrecent support of the Senate Immigration Reform Bill and his hiring of S.C.political consultant Terry Sullivan as his deputy chief of staff are both ofconcern to Conservatives. (Prior toworking for Rubio, Sullivan had spent the last decade electing dozens of biggovernment “Republicans” in South Carolina. (e.g.J. Warren Tompkins), most of which areconsidered by Conservatives to be RINO’s.) If you are a Conservative, I hope this helps....if you are not, consider it a free lesson in understanding American Patriotism

Nicely stated!
    Stan b & Elvis

Can you honestly say that a man who opened up our borders to millions of illegals and campaigned for banning guns is for secure borders and the right to bear arms? Its amazing how fast we forget or choose to forget.

Mngundog......i' not saying it president reagan said it was a mistake! Or did you miss the quotation marks? Unlike democatic presidents of the recent past (obama, clinton, carter) regan was honest and when he screwed up he admitted to it! Facts are facts!

I've gotten lost in all the rhetoric.

In 1986, Congress passed and the President signed an "immigration reform bill." Now we are in the midst yet again of immigration reform. Would someone please tell me what policies or programs that were fixed erroneously in the 1986 bill would be fixed in the reform bill that the Senate has passed?
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    It seems in last 6 months that the term RINO is being thrown around as a derogatory term, what exactly makes a politician a RINO? I would assume that someone like Roland Reagen, with his stance on banning assault rifles, amnesty for illegals, shorting prison sentences for inmates, cutting weapons, Reagen phones, compromising with Democrats, Union Boss, raising taxes etc..., would make him pretty much King RINO. Was a RINO like Reagen a good President, or should a guy like that be ousted from the party?
    It's amazing anyone would even answer an obvious 'gotcha' post like this one. Who the hayel is "Roland" Reagan? Is that your way of playing games about someones name to get a rise from the conservatives here? Or is it as I suspect, your pure stupidity and lack of any political knowledge at all.

That was a good effort by you SCL, but as you can see, there was no sincerity in wanting to actually know what a RINO is, but he suckered us in, as idiots are want to do...they drag us down to their level, and beat us with their experience.

Reagan's amnesty allowance was supposed to be a quid pro quo with the legislature, where that body of snake-in-the-grass Democrats were supposed to guarentee to close the border for those illegals given amnesty. But as he often stated, "There you go again". He got hoodwinked into believing he could trust the word of a Democrat. Unfortunately, even when it comes to enforcing their Constitutional pledge, they are all still a gang of prevaricaters only out to deceive and mislead. The truth means nothing to them, as is so obvious today.

It does continue to point out to everyone here, whenever you post, you enforce the fact that you are still in that "low information" crowd. I should expect no less from the constituents of Al Franken, and believers of Algore.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Does the crap posted by mngundog really surprise anyybody? He's like the little wise-cracking kid in school that always instigated trouble and then hid behind his bigger friends when trouble started!

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Mngundog......i' not saying it president reagan said it was a mistake! Or did you miss the quotation marks? Unlike democatic presidents of the recent past (obama, clinton, carter) regan was honest and when he screwed up he admitted to it! Facts are facts!
    I would say that telling a friend in private that you made a mistake is a far cry from owning up to it. Now back on point, I listed some pretty inarguable facts, Reagen was weak on immigration, weak on crime, he campaigned for gun control, things that would get most Republicans today labeled RINO's. The subject of RINO came up in the immigration thread, and if I asked the question in that thread people would pile on saying I was changing the topic, so I chose to pose an honest question on where the RINO line is drawn, to this point I got one honest response, thanks for the post Swampcollie.

I see the term RINO meaning " not a true Conservative". There is a stark difference between being a Conservative and being a Republican. The two aren't synonymous.I know of many Conservatives who aren't Republicans but instead staunch libertarians.

Personally I find true conservatives to be as much an enigma as true Liberal Progressives. There are too many pitfalls to attain the purity claimed by both brands. Reagan was a Republican. Seen through today's Conservatives he would without a doubt be a RINO. That is if they where consistent.