The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: One Man's Opinion of the 2013 NARC in Mondovi, WI

Rochester, MN Bob & Ann Heise HiRollerLabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by LESTER LANGLEY View Post
    A personal observation I made in regards to gallery- I thought the best " official, bannered, mowed, roped gallery area" was the 5th series. Beautiful Test. Beautiful weather. Plenty of dogs still playing. 40 yds almost directly above the mat-front and center as you can get............. yet no point during the day did I see more than a handful of people using it. As a whole the "gallery" chose to sit 250 yds away across a valley near their vehicles and watch from a distance (still an okay view) as opposed to making the walk to the closer viewing.
    For most of the 5th, Traffic offered rides up the hill and down the hill and over to the 2nd hill where with the superb view. As Lester noted, there were very few people taking advantage of the best view. I do recall that most people had taken their vehicles up the first hill and parked there, and that is probably why they didn't leave the area--they wanted to stay close to their dogs and I would do the same.
    Bob/Ann Heise
    "Show up. Dominate. Go home." Dan Gable

"There is no such thing as perfection. There is always a higher level." Dan Gable

"Look at pressure as an opportunity." Tom Brands

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 2010

I don't believe in allowing wine to breathe. I prefer mouth-to-wine resuscitation.

The 2013 US National Amateur had 122 starting dogs and that was after the scratches. That is a large number. Given the size why did the trail committee not start on Sunday thereby giving the judges one extra day to deal with the 122 dogs?
    We had that extra day in 2012 at the Canadian National and it was good for us judges, contestants and workers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironwood View Post
    The 2013 US National Amateur had 122 starting dogs and that was after the scratches. That is a large number. Given the size why did the trail committee not start on Sunday thereby giving the judges one extra day to deal with the 122 dogs?
    We had that extra day in 2012 at the Canadian National and it was good for us judges, contestants and workers.
    They did start on Sunday... June 16
    Bill Davis

Thanks Bill.

Thanks for that perspective.