The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: WI-Blackhawk RC AKC Hunting Test/OH Q closes today, July 1--small entries

Rochester, MN Bob & Ann Heise HiRollerLabs.com

Default WI-Blackhawk RC AKC Hunting Test/OH Q closes today, July 1--small entries

Please note that the Blackhawk Retriever Club AKC Hunting Test and OHQ closes today, July 1. The entries for JH and SH are small, so those should go pretty fast. Great weekend to get some passes and to QAA your dog in the OH Qualifying. Hope to see you there!
    Bob/Ann Heise
    "Show up. Dominate. Go home." Dan Gable

"There is no such thing as perfection. There is always a higher level." Dan Gable

"Look at pressure as an opportunity." Tom Brands

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 2010

I don't believe in allowing wine to breathe. I prefer mouth-to-wine resuscitation.

The new limits on Master entries seem to be having an adverse effect on entries in the lower stakes and in O/H Quals run in conjunction with hunt tests. I'm seeing this result for many clubs. Master fills months ahead of time and folks quit looking at those tests as possible destinations. An unexpected and unfortunate side effect of the new rule, I'm afraid. Hope you get a few more, but without being able to run Master too, it just isn't worth the drive for me.
    Last edited by Dan Wegner; 07-01-2013 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wegner View Post
    The new limits on Master entries seem to be having an adverse effect on entries in the lower stakes and in O/H Quals run in conjunction with hunt tests. I'm seeing this result for many clubs. Master fills months ahead of time and folks quit looking at those tests as possible destinations. An unexpected and unfortunate side effect of the new rule, I'm afraid. Hope you get a few more, but without being able to run Master too, it just isn't worth the drive for me.
    And then you get a very large number of scratches to boot! Or at least that is what I'm seeing.
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

We dropped fr sixty to fifty dogs on the Master already today.
    It was impossible, so it took a little longer to accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by junbe View Post
    We dropped fr sixty to fifty dogs on the Master already today.
    Yeah, I think folks are entering tests far in advance, just in case they need it to qualify for the Master National. Those that qualified this weekend can now scratch any future tests that close today and get their money back (less the non-refundable $4.50 EE fee) and open up those spots for others that weren't able to get in on time. I'll bet your test will fill up to 60 again before it closes tonight, once folks realize spots opened up.

Unfortunately, some folks are signed up for tests next weekend that are already closed. They may get a partial refund, depending on each clubs scratch policy, but those spots can't be filled now that the test is closed. It's a real shame when there are folks out there that would sign-up and come in a heartbeat if they could...

Would be nice if AKC HT's allowed "day-of" entries when others cancelled, similar to HRC.
    FCR "Ransom" - Coastalight Toodoggone Much CD MH *** (2012 MN Qualifier and All-Age pointed!)
    FCR "Legend" - Ryvertowns More Than A Memory CD *** (QAA and 2011 FCRSA Field Trial Trophy Winner)
    LAB "Traitor" - All Out Gone to The Dark Side (QAA and Nat'l Derby List)

Rochester, MN Bob & Ann Heise HiRollerLabs.com

Blackhawk will be adding another flight of Master judges, so there will be only 30 dogs in each flight of Master. Master A is Ron Rahm and Bonnie Wright. Master B is Randy Spangler and Bob Heise. I wonder if the pros who scratched did so because they thought all 60 dogs would be in one flight, and didn't want a really long weekend. So, PLEASE sign up tonight before close. We will have great grounds and I know we'll have a good time!! We have plenty of room in JH/Fri, and SH/Sat as well. See you there!!
    Bob/Ann Heise
    "Show up. Dominate. Go home." Dan Gable

"There is no such thing as perfection. There is always a higher level." Dan Gable

"Look at pressure as an opportunity." Tom Brands

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 2010

I don't believe in allowing wine to breathe. I prefer mouth-to-wine resuscitation.

Master B will be at Spanglers. Dick and I will be the live gunners and bird thrower. A real live bird thrower. Then Dick and I will judge the Qualifying at Lucy Too.
    It was impossible, so it took a little longer to accomplish.