The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL Rejects Offer To Support Obamacare

Henlee, let me first state that I'm not a big-government Republican and do not support many of their positions; however, if you think the Republicans are keeping people ignorant then all I can say is WOW! I'm thinking there are lots of ignorant people out there and many pull the lever next to the "D" in the voting booth.
    Last edited by coachmo; 07-02-2013 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    BTW this is post started out about how republicans are thwarting efforts for public service annoucements about a law coming into effect. We can change topics all you want, but they did do that.
    Here's a little feedback for you: If Obamacare is such a great thing, it should not need "public service announcements" as you so euphemistically call them. The truth is, the ACA is a steaming crock of jenkem that thus far has done nothing to make health care more affordable; in fact it's done the opposite, it's caused costs to rise exponentially in all aspects of it. Paying someone to spin it any other way than what it is (steaming crock of jenkem) is not going to make it better nor more affordable.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Another point which seems completely lost in discussions regarding obamacare is the fact that the lawmakers that passed this bill will not participate in it. This to me is the most important fact regarding how great this healthcare really is or not!

The Govt contacted the NFL to do Public Service Annoucements to notify people that they would be required to purchase health insurance in 2014 or be fined. That is a public service annoucment.

It was pretty well stated that during the passage of the law, that you can keep the health insurance you have. I do not see how that would not apply to congress also.
    Last edited by Henlee; 07-02-2013 at 03:09 PM.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

You really don't see how that would apply to the lawmakers that had a hand in dictating health insurance for the masses. Really? Really? If it's so good then why aren't the lawmakers willing to take part in it? Why aren't companies lining up to get this wonderful coverage? Why did the obama administration give out thousands of exemptions to the new health care law? Are you serious???????????????????? I mean if it's so good and everything!

It was pretty well stated that during the passage of the law, that you can keep the health insurance you have. I do not see how that would not apply to congress also.
    It is now pretty well evident that keeping the health insurance you have is NOT applying to a lot of other people who were happy with what they had before.

Even the govt now admits you can't add a bunch of people with pre-existing conditions to the pool without causing somebody to pay for the cost. Duh? they knew that from the get-go when they had to provide for a tax on those who chose not to enroll for health insurance of some type. And now they don't understand why the young, healthy people aren't signing up for it. And the tax is not enough of a deterrent because the premiums are many times more than paying the tax.

There is also supposed to be a requirement in the law that if you have a "gold-plated" health insurance plan you will be taxed on this over-abundant coverage. Since Congresscritters have the most heavily gold-plated coverage, will they be subject to that "luxury tax" on their plan? Nobody has mentioned anything about that.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I apologize for jumping the topic, but felt this deserved a response ...
    He was in a meeting with the vice president and the Sec. of Defense. It was his last scheduled meeting for the day. It is on his schedule if you want to look it up. It is not that the media is ignoring it, there is just not the story there that you want to be there.
    From what I have been able to gather, his meeting with SOD ended about 5 pm. Between 9 and 10 pm, he was on the phone with Netanyahu and Biden. (not on his schedule?) At 10 pm he spoke with Hillary.

One could assume that after 5 pm, there was dinner with his family. That might occupy him until about 6 pm. Panetta said that he didn't speak with Obama again that night. How come? Wasn't he supposed to keep Obama informed about what was happening in Benghazi? Was someone else keeping the POTUS informed? Who? At 10 pm, it was Hillary, I guess, who told the POTUS the results of what had transpired in the intervening 4 hours.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Eventually the NFL Union Leaders will ruin the NFL.....same as they did the auto industry, and most manufacturing in the USA.....As for baseball, basketball, Hockey...who cares.....???!!!!

Well that was a flat out lie. DH and I are self employed and purchase a private policy. WE CANNOT KEEP IT.
    The current policy as is does not fit "KING CLUELESS"S" new rules. We are forced to buy a different policy.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

And let's not forget that even if you're allowed to keep the policy you already had, there's a good chance you might not be able to afford it. We too are self employed and by 2014 when Obamacare goes into full effect I expect our monthly premium will cost more than the mortgage payment.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981