The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NFL Rejects Offer To Support Obamacare

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    You really don't see how that would apply to the lawmakers that had a hand in dictating health insurance for the masses. Really? Really? If it's so good then why aren't the lawmakers willing to take part in it? Why aren't companies lining up to get this wonderful coverage? Why did the obama administration give out thousands of exemptions to the new health care law? Are you serious???????????????????? I mean if it's so good and everything!
    What do you think the law does exactly?
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Eventually the NFL Union Leaders will ruin the NFL.....same as they did the auto industry, and most manufacturing in the USA.....As for baseball, basketball, Hockey...who cares.....???!!!!
    I agree, but I think they will do it by trying to add europeon teams.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Henlee, let me first state that I'm not a big-government Republican and do not support many of their positions; however, if you think the Republicans are keeping people ignorant then all I can say is WOW! I'm thinking there are lots of ignorant people out there and many pull the lever next to the "D" in the voting booth.
    I am not going to disagree with that. There are alot of people who do not know what they are voting for.

You really don't see how that would apply to the lawmakers that had a hand in dictating health insurance for the masses. Really? Really? If it's so good then why aren't the lawmakers willing to take part in it? Why aren't companies lining up to get this wonderful coverage? Why did the obama administration give out thousands of exemptions to the new health care law? Are you serious???????????????????? I mean if it's so good and everything!
    The core of the law is a mandate to have health insurance. They have health insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    The core of the law is a mandate to have health insurance. They have health insurance.
    You must be a drone from the Obama administration... It's the only explanation for your robotic loyalty.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    It is now pretty well evident that keeping the health insurance you have is NOT applying to a lot of other people who were happy with what they had before.

Even the govt now admits you can't add a bunch of people with pre-existing conditions to the pool without causing somebody to pay for the cost. Duh? they knew that from the get-go when they had to provide for a tax on those who chose not to enroll for health insurance of some type. And now they don't understand why the young, healthy people aren't signing up for it. And the tax is not enough of a deterrent because the premiums are many times more than paying the tax.

(right off the bat the law allowed for children to stay on their parents plans until age 26 if they were in school. Beyond that the mandate is not in effect and therefore there is noway to know how many young people will join it. Once the state pools are up and running the cost of insurance should go down and the law has wrtten into it subsidies to help pay for premiums. In general health insurance makes sense to have, the cost of a even a simple fracture can run into the many of thousands of dollars. That may or may not be a problem that has to be fixed in the future.)

There is also supposed to be a requirement in the law that if you have a "gold-plated" health insurance plan you will be taxed on this over-abundant coverage. Since Congresscritters have the most heavily gold-plated coverage, will they be subject to that "luxury tax" on their plan? Nobody has mentioned anything about that.
    (IF that provision and IF they exempt themselves from it I will be the first to join you in bitching about it. I had thought that was a poison pill that a member tried to throw in and that it was defeated. I don't have details handy so I am going to admit I might be wrong about that.)

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    You must be a drone from the Obama administration... It's the only explanation for your robotic loyalty.
    Haha. Not quite, but I am deeply disturbed about the high amount of disinformation that is being spread about this law in particular. The ACA is american politics at its worse. The real information is out there if you want it though.

Senior Member RailRoadRetrievers's Avatar

I don't recall the NFL assisting with the "Click It of Ticket" campaign. I do see advertisements to encourage kids to go outside and play, which is in line with athletics. I didn't see them come out with an ad during last season concerning the "It Can Wait", stop texting and driving. Of course, there is a Seahawks player who wrote a little ditty about it, but that wasn't the NFL backing it, just one player with a passion. So I am only wondering, why would the NFL be asked to "endorse" a law that the majority of Americans oppose being forced down their throats. Why do I need Michael Vick to tell me that this healthcare crap is good stuff? Why do I need millionaires (who can afford whatever they want to afford) to inform me that this is good, can the good new law not stand on its own merits? Will Plaxico Burris be in the Public Service Announcement stating how much better of he would have been if he had this healthcare plan instead of what the NFL provided him with?

Just in case anyone has missed it, Obamacare for medium and large corporations has been pushed back to after the 2014 midterm elections.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson