The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL Rejects Offer To Support Obamacare

Default NFL Rejects Offer To Support Obamacare

It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

love me my football!!
    but I hear the NBA went for it.
    what about baseball?
    oh wait, that is a pastime not a sport.
    silly me
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    love me my football!!
    but I hear the NBA went for it.
    what about baseball?
    oh wait, that is a pastime not a sport.
    silly me
    Being a pastime rather than a sport seems to be working to baseball's advantage at the moment. I am mostly disgusted by the Gladiator complexes on display in football and basketball...

(There is the steroid thing... Hoping that's dying down a bit...)
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

Should not be a surprise that republicans want to keep people ignorant.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/...-and-obamacare
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    Should not be a surprise that republicans want to keep people ignorant.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/...-and-obamacare
    Republicans don't need to keep folks ignorant... Dems have capitalized off of that for years... You do recall that Obama was re-elected, right?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Republicans don't need to keep folks ignorant... Dems have capitalized off of that for years... You do recall that Obama was re-elected, right?
    And then all the scandals began to come out AFTER the election.

I find it impossible to believe that the Benghazi cover-up wasn't all about that election. They were also keeping a lid on the IRS scandal, and that had been going on for at least two years. Complaints were ignored for at least a year, and then the chicanery continued even after it had "theoretically" been stopped.

It is very strange that we still don't know where the President was between 5 pm and 9 pm. I recall that there is a WH photographer who follows the POTUS around like a shadow taking photos of every nuance. Not just this POTUS, but SOP for all Presidents. But no record at all of those four hours?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    And then all the scandals began to come out AFTER the election.

I find it impossible to believe that the Benghazi cover-up wasn't all about that election. They were also keeping a lid on the IRS scandal, and that had been going on for at least two years. Complaints were ignored for at least a year, and then the chicanery continued even after it had "theoretically" been stopped.

It is very strange that we still don't know where the President was between 5 pm and 9 pm. I recall that there is a WH photographer who follows the POTUS around like a shadow taking photos of every nuance. Not just this POTUS, but SOP for all Presidents. But no record at all of those four hours?
    It's funny... The media went absolutely berserk when the former SC gov. Was AWOL that time a couple years ago with his Argentine lover. Said he was hiking the Appalachian Trail.

We have a sitting President of The United Staes missing in action while American men are being killed by terrorists... And the media yawns... No wonder Obama can get away with telling them to behave... They do what he says.
    Bill Davis

He was in a meeting with the vice president and the Sec. of Defense. It was his last scheduled meeting for the day. It is on his schedule if you want to look it up. It is not that the media is ignoring it, there is just not the story there that you want to be there.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

BTW this is post started out about how republicans are thwarting efforts for public service annoucements about a law coming into effect. We can change topics all you want, but they did do that.

The NFL is facing a multi million dollar class action lawsuit from past players in re to head injuries, they will undoubtedly lose but to what extent is unknown , there was no way that the NFLPA or the owners were going to get involved in this political football at this time
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"