The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vote Democrat 2014

Default Vote Democrat 2014

Important rationale for voting Democrat in upcoming elections according to David Letterman......

Letterman's Top 10 Reasons to Vote Democrat in 2014

10. I'll vote Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whom and whatever I want. I've decided to marry my German Shepherd.

9. I'll vote Democrat because I believe oil company's profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

8. I'll vote Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

7. I'll vote Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

6. I'll vote Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves. I am also thankful that we have a 911 service that get police to your home in order to identify your body after a home invasion.

5. I'll vote Democrat because I'm not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive and comfy.

4. I'll vote Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits, and we should take away the Social Security from those who paid into it.

3. I'll vote Democrat because I believe that businesses should NOT be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.

2. I'll vote Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.
    and the No. 1 reason I'll vote Democrat is:

1. I'll vote Democrat because I think that it's better to pay billions for their oil to people who hate us, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle, gopher, fish or frog.

A friend shared this with me and I thought I would return the favor.

I find it hard to believe that it was on Letterman.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Dan - Can you find the show where this list came from?

Yeah, I thought not. Just another right wing list on an email chain... not from letterman, maybe Sarah Pallin or Dennis Miller did this on a show?

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I find it hard to believe that it was on Letterman.
    LOL! That was exactly my thought, too.

But isn't the stuff in there just the way that "progressives" make their points about right-leaning positions. If one thinks that EPA regulations should be more sensible, that means one must favor dirty air and dirty water.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

It was just sent to me. I figured a you fact checkers would be all over it. Couldn't believe it was Letterman as well.

Letterman...should be so 'smart'....! Maybe someone would actually start watching his show.

I find it hilarious that the lefty ignores the content and immediately disputes the source! Of course it didn't come from the Letterman show. Reminds me of some of the other lefties here that poke at spelling and grammar rather than engage in a debate of the issue.
    Liberal playbook: When engaged in political debate, step one - cry "racism!", step two - attack the opponent's spelling and grammar, step three - dispute the source of information. If opponent continues to attempt political discourse, quit the conversation.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Matt....well said!
    Somewhere I read that one of the key 'tactics' used by Liberals is 'deflection' and changing or redefining the subject....but the quote from Margaret Thatcher again, applies here:

“I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left.”

The democrats won't be happy until every gun has been melted down, turned into scrap metal , and turned into parts for free cell phones for their core block of voters on welfare.

Democrats equal communism .
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    It was just sent to me. I figured a you fact checkers would be all over it. Couldn't believe it was Letterman as well.
    Then why post it if it was not true?