The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Border Security

Default Border Security

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...ary-incursion/
    The incident described by Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla., would appear to be one of dozens over the past decade where Mexican military and law enforcement officers have crossed into U.S. territory. Most are presumed to be accidental, but they also raise the possibility that Mexican military members -- or individuals posing as them -- are helping drug cartels.

"This incident is of concern," Coburn wrote in a letter to U.S. Customs and Border Protection's former acting commissioner, asking whether CBP has concerns that Mexican military members are "providing security and/or intelligence to Drug Trafficking Organizations."
    Maybe those military returning from A'stan should, indeed, be posted along the Mexican border?

It would keep them employed, and might even really stem the tide of illegal immigrants. When they're not busy doing military stuff, they could spend some time building that "invisible" fence that never got built after the last amnesty. Could be a large savings for the future.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Borders.. we got borders ? that's a novel idea.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

Speaking of immigration ... sort of ...

The following reminds me of how the Canadian cow that was suspected of bringing mad cow disease to the US was tracked down (and I'm pretty sure it wasn't issued any kind of special visa, but correct me if that's not the case), and yet we have lost track of 560,000 foreign students?

“Foreign students, sometimes aided by school officials, are currently abusing the Optional Practical Training program to acquire unauthorized employment in the United States,” said Sen. Charles Grassley, citing a new report from the Government Accountability Office.

“The federal government does not know where tens of thousands of foreign students in the OPT program are located, who they are working for, or what they are doing while in the United States,” the Iowa Republican said.

OPT enables some 560,000 foreign students to obtain temporary work in their major area of study during and after completing academic programs here.

Grassley requested the GAO investigation amid complaints of employers hiring foreign students and passing over American citizens.

Beyond that, “The GAO report reveals extensive and alarming mismanagement by the Department of Homeland Security, proving serious program integrity issues that bring to light potential risks to national security,” Grassley added.
    http://watchdog.org/131947/foreign-student-work/
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

The problem with talking about illegal immigration at any level is one will brand those with the Race Card who want to close the borders.

What about the Children ?

What, you don't like brown skinned people, etc, etc.

Shouldn't everyone have a chance at success..... on and on. Meanwhile this country is bankrupt except except for the ability to print more dollars at will. When we get to the level of Mexico's standard of living no one will want to come to the USA.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith