The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Obamacare ... Employer Mandate Delayed

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    What is the issue with that post?

Also, were you questioning the official nature of the publication called the Federal Register?
    JD's issue seems to be with Gerry. He has been haranguing her for some time about many of her posts...
    Bill Davis

Gerry , I too read your posts...there is zero chance you will ever be on my ignore list
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I too read her posts...I also know to take everything with a grain of salt...how about offering a counter point to the discussion vs. harassing a poster who is trying to provide some discussion material?
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Quote Originally Posted by FOM View Post
    I too read her posts...I also know to take everything with a grain of salt...how about offering a counter point to the discussion vs. harassing a poster who is trying to provide some discussion material?
    Me thinks you ask too much.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...mmerman/page14

Try post # 133 for the internet gossip factor. JD
    Best I recall that information on the voice analyst was included the link provided by olliedog in post #83. Perhaps you didn't read that link from olliedog? And, yes, I added my opinion as well. I had seen the same testimony re-cap from another source as well.

JDog, I think you are just trying to have some fun stirring an empty pot. I won't put you on ignore, since I'm always willing to listen to opinions. However, I don't think it's worth responding to you when you are just poking with a stick.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    As insurance agents who specialize in the employee benefits markets, the decision is a reprieve. Many 50+ employers are looking forward to dropping their programs and paying the fine. As I've stated many times before on this forum, OC will likely double the number of uninsured, wreck the health provider delivery system and send the already high cost of medical care skyrocketing even higher.
    To be replaced with a "better" system which will provide less care, especially to those who need it most and can afford it least; at greater cost to the taxpayers than is now paid for those less fortunate; and with no options left except for cash transactions.

JDog, that is an opinion
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

An administration official said the overall changes, announced as part of a more than 600-page regulatory document, were meant to ease the burden on the states implementing the exchanges -- and simplify the process for applicants during the first year.
    The official said the process in the document is "consistent" with one described in a proposal last April.

Further, the official said those running the exchanges will continue to use IRS and other data to verify income. However, during the first year they will be allowed to conduct random checks when "income cannot be verified with electronic data."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2YUMVzSIN
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Thank you Gerry for the link. Although I find most of your sources and posts in disagreement with my views, (politically) by at least citing them you lend credibilty to your opinions. JD
    I find this revealing - having read many of Gerry's posts (& unlike you JD, I value someone's opinion over a link to someone I do not have any interest in reading). Gerry is the true moderate on this forum, your issue is there is more stuff on your side of the fence to post, which she does.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Me thinks you ask too much.
    JD is the troll who posts a lot but brings little of substance to the potluck!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    As insurance agents who specialize in the employee benefits markets, the decision is a reprieve. Many 50+ employers are looking forward to dropping their programs and paying the fine. As I've stated many times before on this forum, OC will likely double the number of uninsured, wreck the health provider delivery system and send the already high cost of medical care skyrocketing even higher.

I must be pretty dumb. I have never been able to understand this concept.

Say I am an employer. Currently I don't have to offer healthcare benefits to my employees. Along comes the government telling me that I have to continue providing coverage for my employees, otherwise I'll have to pay a fine that was never before in effect. I decide that rather offer this benefit that keeps good employees working for me, I'd rather drop insurance and pay the fine.

Something tells me that someone that dumb isn't going to stay in business anyhow.

I have been trying to figure out for a long time exactly what value the health insurance industry adds to healthcare in our country. It seems to me that they are just an added cost, skimming off their share as they pass our money along to providers.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Buzz-

I think the answer to your question is that the fine will be less than the cost of the insurance.

A further issue in this rollback of the employer mandate is that a person who earns less than $45,000 (I think is the number) and who has no health insurance will receive a subsidy of some form. It was announced that the IRS won't have the capacity to monitor this so they're just going to take everyone's word. Thus, if one earns less than $45K, they can get the subsidy. They may commit a fraud but there's no indication that the IRS will ever attempt to verify the status.

The IRS has taken it upon themselves to create law also in this area. The subsidies are supposed to help residents purchase insurance through the state exchanges. No one thought that states would refuse to set up an exchange but they have....in about 27 states. The IRS has created a rule that the subsidy would also be paid for people who bought through the Federal exchange in states where there is not state exchange. That's purely contrary to the law as written so the IRS just created it. A lawsuit is now pending over this issue also.

Whether you are all for, all against, or for some parts and not others....the ACA is bad law because it is so unclear.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge