The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: Executive Branch authority

Default Executive Branch authority

Gerry had a good question in the Health Care thread. My husband and I were discussing it this weekend. To quote Gerry's post: "If it is possible for the POTUS to waive this tax, or delay it, then why do we have to wait for Congress to fix the tax code? Couldn't an executive order simply re-arrange it temporarily?"

How IS it possible for POTUS to delay this? If it is LAW, how can 1 branch do this?

if this is the case, can he/they (POTUS) do this for any law?

It's been a long time since high school government, but I don't remember the president having all these privileges (regardless of who it's been the last 12 years).

What happened to our processes?

Sue Puff
    Sue Puffenbarger
    Wirtz, VA
    www.boynelabradors.com

Quote Originally Posted by suepuff View Post
    Gerry had a good question in the Health Care thread. My husband and I were discussing it this weekend. To quote Gerry's post: "If it is possible for the POTUS to waive this tax, or delay it, then why do we have to wait for Congress to fix the tax code? Couldn't an executive order simply re-arrange it temporarily?"

How IS it possible for POTUS to delay this? If it is LAW, how can 1 branch do this?

if this is the case, can he/they (POTUS) do this for any law?

It's been a long time since high school government, but I don't remember the president having all these privileges (regardless of who it's been the last 12 years).

What happened to our processes?

Sue Puff
    Don't you know Obama can do anything he likes just so long as he blames someone else for the problem.

I'm assuming someone would have to use the court system to stop this. I agree it appears to be flagrant abuse of the Constitution. Not sure why no one is addressing this. May be a good question to call your reps in the House and Senate on today.

by the use of the Executive Order.....any POTUS, not just BHO is going to test the limits of the Executive Branch until either being stopped by the courts or his own party....since BHO is a lame duck he doesnt care about his own political future and those up for re election in 2014 are playing CYA and distancing themselves

even Joe Biden isnt going to back any play by him
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    by the use of the Executive Order.....any POTUS, not just BHO is going to test the limits of the Executive Branch until either being stopped by the courts or his own party....since BHO is a lame duck he doesnt care about his own political future and those up for re election in 2014 are playing CYA and distancing themselves

even Joe Biden isnt going to back any play by him
    It seems that no one is concerned with his testing the limits. Or at least we are not hearing about it....I think I will be writing my various representatives. It will at least be interesting to see if:

a: I get a response

or

b: What the form letter will say....

Either of which I am sure will piss me off.

Sue Puff
    Sue Puffenbarger
    Wirtz, VA
    www.boynelabradors.com

Quote Originally Posted by suepuff View Post
    It seems that no one is concerned with his testing the limits. Or at least we are not hearing about it....I think I will be writing my various representatives. It will at least be interesting to see if:

a: I get a response

or

b: What the form letter will say....

Either of which I am sure will piss me off.

Sue Puff
    Everyone is afraid to challenge him for fear of being called a racist. The entire Republican Party is whipped.
    Bill Davis

Forgot about that Bill....in fact the whole race thing never occurred to me. It should be about doing the right thing. What a crock.
    Sue Puffenbarger
    Wirtz, VA
    www.boynelabradors.com