RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

"Henry" needs a clever registered name . . . Help!

8K views 30 replies 26 participants last post by  Labs R Us 
#1 ·
I finally decided on the call name Henry for my new black lab pup but I'm having one heck of a time coming up with a good registered name for him. I don't need to incorporate a kennel name nor the sire/dam.

I'd like to come up with something that is either related to a famous Henry or a play on words; such as, one of my dogs was named "Miles" and his registered name had "frequent flyer" in it. In another post, someone had mentioned the registered name “Oprah Win-for-me” and that is the type of play on words I'm looking to use.

I've spent the past month racking my brain and now I'm looking for some fresh ideas. I'd sure appreciate some help. Thanks!

#6 ·
Becky- who's the pup out of? It just might provide some more ideas. :)

#14 ·
Candlewood's Spankin' Hank.

Evan

#15 ·
Going with the Ford theme the early Model T's were crank start...
Candlewood's Crank It Up "Henry"

#17 ·
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow wrote the poem about the ride of Paul Revere.

How about: Candlewoods One if By Land

#18 ·
My heartdog was named "Henry" (High Hopes Henry). He was the greatest. I like the theme folks mentioned for Hank Aaron. Here's another "Hammer Time"
I bet your Henry will be a great one too. Here is a video that makes me smile of another famous Henry "Henny J Hampton"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frbETD7Eh74

Martha & lab crew from KY
in memory of Hen

#26 ·
My heartdog was named "Henry" (High Hopes Henry). He was the greatest. I like the theme folks mentioned for Hank Aaron. Here's another "Hammer Time"
I bet your Henry will be a great one too. Here is a video that makes me smile of another famous Henry "Henny J Hampton"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frbETD7Eh74

Martha & lab crew from KY
in memory of Hen
Martha, thanks for sharing that!!! That might be the most exciting video I have ever watched. The courage, strength and style of that team took my breath away. Now back to scheduled programming so I can catch my breath ;)

#19 ·
After looking at all these, you're going to have to get a second dog named Henry.<g>

One thing to remember, check the AKC database for the name you select to make certain it's not already in use. Used to be you had to complete the form, send it in and hope for the best. Now you can pretty well rule out a any duplication of names. Saves getting it back with a suffix attached to show he's the 19th dog with that name.

#20 ·
Henry the VIII- Candlewood's Defender of the Faith; Anglican Barber; Anne B's Out of Her Head Over Me;

Henry Higgins- Eliza's Proper Teacher

Henry Kissenger- Candlewood's Secretary of State

Henry David Thoreau- Dances to the Beat of a Different Drummer

#24 ·
#25 ·
HAH!

I'm 'Enery the Eighth, I am,
'Enery the Eighth I am, I am!
I got married to the widow next door,
She's been married seven times before
And every one was an 'Enery
She wouldn't have a Willie nor a Sam
I'm her eighth old man named 'Enery
'Enery the Eighth, I am!

Turner Field's 755 Club "Henry" Aaron

#30 ·
"Hennnn-ry".... "Henry Aldrich where are you?" Very popular name back in the early days on radio (like before TV) and then a revised rendition on early TV. "The Aldrich Family" (name of show) with a troublesome son named "Henry". Course, only a handful of RTF'ers will understand or have heard of Henry Aldrich. Google it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.