The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: July 4th Whats Up?

Default July 4th Whats Up?

With July 4th falling on a Thursday, what are you doing?
    Is it a 4 day weekend? Is dog training in your plans along
    with the ribs and beer?

It is raining cats and dogs here in Ga. I was going to my place in Boston,Ga.
    this weekend but I think it will be a washout. Some of the folks in our training
    group have to work Friday. I am going to train local tomorrow if its not pouring.
    I hope we can train on Saturday at Day/Didier farm. Reese, is leaving for Michigan
    on Sunday night.

So lets hear what everyone is doing to celebrate our independence!!!
    Gregg Leonard

Tremblin Earth's Touch of Choclate "Reese" QA2 FC/AFC Land Ahoy "Pirate" X Baypoints Dream Maker QA2
    Red Squad's Blue on Black "Jesse" MH QA2 NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Dance Hall Gal
    Red Squad's Fifty Caliber "Sniper" QAA NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Maple Creeks Mattie Mae
    Red Squad's Bad Girlfriend "Tinker"FC/AFC Nick of Time Lone Ranger X Good Ideas Windy Retreezer QA2
    Red Squad's Element Of Surprise "Chica" ​NFC-AFC Maxx's Surprise X Red Squad's Blue On Black MH QA2

Training tomorrow, Friday and Saturday mornings for sure. BBQ and beer then going to the local festival for some rock n roll and fireworks on the 4th. I've been excited since Monday morning when I kept thinking about this being a 3 day work week. Weather here couldn't be better, 60's at night and upper 70's to low 80's for the high. It's gonna be glorious!
    Jeannie Greenlee

Blazinlakes Legally Blonde CDX JH NAJ RA WC OD (1st Retriever)
    HRCH Smokingold Guns Up CCA WCX CD MH
    https://sites.google.com/site/smokingoldretrievers/home

Our forecast is for 108* with a low of 75*. The dog and I will be at the local JC at sunrise to do a few marks before it gets warm. I live in a Navy town and we have a really nice celebration at the downtown park. Then, we are off to the county fair because my daughter has meat chickens in the auction as her 4H project.
    DUCKDAWG'S MAC'S MAGICAL MR. OCTOBER JH -- Reggie

Training tomorrow FT as I did on our July 1st holiday. And this weekend HRC fellows training all weekend to Tuesday. Some camping over at Rick's in Strathroy, Ont. Going to be hot! They have a campfire, BBQ and great training water. I'll go for a day. The food is fabulous!!!
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA

HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI

Metras's Hashtag Mickey

I am normally off Friday-Sunday so the 4th gives me a 4 day weekend instead of 3 day. Plan on training all 4 days.
    Andy

"You can't win until you are not afraid to lose."

Luckydux Cheese And Quackers CD MH - Briezy (7/20/99-4/4/14)
    FTCH AFTCH Luckydux Drakehaven Hot Ticket*** - Ticket
    Luckydux Gave Her Momma Forty Quacks*** - Lizzie
    Luckydux Quacker Jaxx WC JH - Jaxxy
    Luckydux Graham Quacker WC JH -Graham
    Luckydux Penny In A Parking Lot - Penny

Im gonna finish building our ark! Cause you're gonna need it down here pretty soon.
    HRCH Hudson River Drake (Possom)
    HRCH Hudson River Saying Grace (Gracie)

Quote Originally Posted by BlaineT View Post
    Im gonna finish building our ark! Cause you're gonna need it down here pretty soon.
    I hear you, it is Monsooning here now
    Gregg Leonard

Tremblin Earth's Touch of Choclate "Reese" QA2 FC/AFC Land Ahoy "Pirate" X Baypoints Dream Maker QA2
    Red Squad's Blue on Black "Jesse" MH QA2 NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Dance Hall Gal
    Red Squad's Fifty Caliber "Sniper" QAA NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Maple Creeks Mattie Mae
    Red Squad's Bad Girlfriend "Tinker"FC/AFC Nick of Time Lone Ranger X Good Ideas Windy Retreezer QA2
    Red Squad's Element Of Surprise "Chica" ​NFC-AFC Maxx's Surprise X Red Squad's Blue On Black MH QA2

Cook tonight for my husband's family's Fourth of July eat a thon at their pond house. Then, since I've been blessed with a bunch of work I am gonna work. And work. And when I get through with that work some more.
    If I get a little bit of a break, though, some of Gregg's pigeons are gonna be in grave danger.
    Don't bother to just be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.
    William Faulkner

Quote Originally Posted by golfandhunter View Post

I hear you, it is Monsooning here now
    I do have a nice set up planned on some newly formed running water if it'll just let up a couple hours in the morning. But by far the wettest spring/early summer in north east Georgia I remember.
    HRCH Hudson River Drake (Possom)
    HRCH Hudson River Saying Grace (Gracie)

Raining cats here. Flash flood watches all over south GA.
    Tom Dorroh