The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: July 4th Whats Up?

We have about 257 acres in Hartland, ME. Our getaway place. House is being delivered on Monday so we will spend the 4th and the next few days making sure our foundation is ready for the house. Have a planned training day on Saturday and will try to get in some other training in between.

Next year we dig the ponds. Wahoooo.

Pattie
    Effective gun control is hitting what you aim at!

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Mills View Post
    Cook tonight for my husband's family's Fourth of July eat a thon at their pond house. Then, since I've been blessed with a bunch of work I am gonna work. And work. And when I get through with that work some more.
    If I get a little bit of a break, though, some of Gregg's pigeons are gonna be in grave danger.
    If it were me I would say McDees for the family and work. Once they get pee offed. I would finish my work and have fun. Course that's just me.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

On the 4th of July I am driving up to Montana. I still be driving on the 5th of July and will likely be training dogs the rest of the weekend. I am looking forward to seeing them after they have been away for a couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie Greenlee View Post
    Training tomorrow, Friday and Saturday mornings for sure. BBQ and beer then going to the local festival for some rock n roll and fireworks on the 4th. I've been excited since Monday morning when I kept thinking about this being a 3 day work week. Weather here couldn't be better, 60's at night and upper 70's to low 80's for the high. It's gonna be glorious!
    Jeannie, that sounds awesome, wish we had those cool temps. here in Ga.
    When it's not raining (which we need) the temps are high and humidity even higher.
    I guess if it is still raining I'm gonna go help Blaine build the arc.
    Ya'll have fun!!!
    Gregg Leonard
    Roswell, Ga.

Tremblin Earth's Touch of Choclate "Reese" QAA FC/AFC Land Ahoy "Pirate" X Baypoints Dream Maker QAA
    Red Squad's Blue on Black "Jesse" MH NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Dance Hall Gal
    Red Squad's Fifty Caliber "Sniper" NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Maple Creeks Mattie Mae
    Red Squad's Bad Girlfriend "Tinker"FC/AFC Nick of Time Lone Ranger X Good Ideas Windy Retreezer QAA
    Buck

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Lynn Metras View Post
    Training tomorrow FT as I did on our July 1st holiday. And this weekend HRC fellows training all weekend to Tuesday. Some camping over at Rick's in Strathroy, Ont. Going to be hot! They have a campfire, BBQ and great training water. I'll go for a day. The food is fabulous!!!
    Mary Lynn, how hot will it be in Strathroy? Just curious, I forgot to mention that my boy Sniper, will be running his first Derby
    this Saturday at West Allis in Wisconsin. Craig Crook, will be running the dogs from Right Start Kennel.Will the temps be similar?
    Gregg Leonard
    Roswell, Ga.

Tremblin Earth's Touch of Choclate "Reese" QAA FC/AFC Land Ahoy "Pirate" X Baypoints Dream Maker QAA
    Red Squad's Blue on Black "Jesse" MH NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Dance Hall Gal
    Red Squad's Fifty Caliber "Sniper" NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Maple Creeks Mattie Mae
    Red Squad's Bad Girlfriend "Tinker"FC/AFC Nick of Time Lone Ranger X Good Ideas Windy Retreezer QAA
    Buck

It's pouring here in North Alabama this morning. It's a 4 day weekend with lots of rain forecast. Hope we can slip in a couple of training sessions. As our northern brethren would say "I might have to put on the slicker and go run blinds or something".
    Courage-being scared to death but saddling up anyway. John Wayne

If you don't know where you're going, every road will get you there.

Pick your battles. Be sure they're small enough to win but big enough to matter.

Its super hot and humid up here in the northeast! Picnic with the family today, some pool time, then off to NH to train with my pup and pro for Friday-Sunday! She just got some new property so I can't wait to see and train there! Cookout after training and I'm sure a few cold ones as well!!!!

Happy 4th!
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Brownstone's Harley- "Harley" 7/29/2009 (By CH Woodhull's Roger That)
    Maple Hill's Ella Enchanted- "Ella" 8/30/2011 (By FC AFC Land Ahoy)

45* here this morning! But so dry there will be no fireworks at all. We ran lots of water blinds yesterday, (high around 78) so the boys will chill at home while Ralph and I bike over to watch the Arroyo Seco parade. One of the funniest funkiest events in the country. The parade Marshall will be a 97 year old Pueblo Indian who is also a Batann death march survivor. Floats are likely to include Spanish Dancers and Gay Pride, ranchers and Greenpeace, cowboys and animal rights groups.

We plan to sit on the sidelines with candy cotton and tacos and try to get a few pictures!
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Our little town comes to life on the 4th ,with National Tom Sawyer days we will take the dogs and kids to the parade this morning. Like Jeanie ,we have great weather. Tonight We'll take the kids to the rodeo so they can laugh at the clowns and I'll check out all the "horses"

We've got inlaws in town from N Dakota and Canada,proly try to pi** them off so they wont talk to me for another year me.

Relax tomorrow, big birthday party Saturday with 3 friends having b-days this week.

Support my local brewery

And to day is my dog Indy's birthday !
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Mills View Post
    Cook tonight for my husband's family's Fourth of July eat a thon at their pond house. Then, since I've been blessed with a bunch of work I am gonna work. And work. And when I get through with that work some more.
    If I get a little bit of a break, though, some of Gregg's pigeons are gonna be in grave danger.
    Have fun Becky. So much rain here I think it's washed out training today. And the top pond has no structure. The peninsulas are completely underwater, the swimby pond is flooded out & the little tech pond in the bottom just a round pond. 5" yesterday & still raining. Both the top pond and lower are overflowing thru the emergency run-off, hope the dams hold.
    David Didier, GA