The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: July 4th Whats Up?

Overcast with a light drizzle here this morning, temp 75F. FF on the table in the barn.

Lonnie
    DISCLAIMER: The above post is the opinionated and biased view of your's truly, Lonnie Spann, and is in no way intended to reflect the opinions or views of the unfortunate individuals named below who just happen to be doomed with guilt by association.

Member of CAHRC and North AL HRC. I train with AND AM FRIENDS WITH: Fishduck, Laidback, Splash_Em, RF2, Drake2014, Claimsadj, Hooked on Quackers, RookieTrainer and Roseberry.

HRCH Spann's Quacker Jack "Jack" 500 Pt. Club (But no free jacket).

Quote Originally Posted by Pattie View Post
    We have about 257 acres in Hartland, ME. Our getaway place. House is being delivered on Monday so we will spend the 4th and the next few days making sure our foundation is ready for the house. Have a planned training day on Saturday and will try to get in some other training in between.

Next year we dig the ponds. Wahoooo.

Pattie
    Pattie, that sounds great. Do you use block or poured concrete for foundation walls in Maine?
    I assume you are using a pre manufactured home?
    Gregg Leonard
    Roswell, Ga.

Tremblin Earth's Touch of Choclate "Reese" QAA FC/AFC Land Ahoy "Pirate" X Baypoints Dream Maker QAA
    Red Squad's Blue on Black "Jesse" MH NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Dance Hall Gal
    Red Squad's Fifty Caliber "Sniper" NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Maple Creeks Mattie Mae
    Red Squad's Bad Girlfriend "Tinker"FC/AFC Nick of Time Lone Ranger X Good Ideas Windy Retreezer QAA
    Buck

Watching it rain, got people here at the house that Iam stuck with tomorrow but will liely train Saturday
    Field Trials are competitions....not everyone gets a "participation ribbon" and they do "keep score"

Music for walking to the line
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xr6KfJOFqk

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Mills View Post
    Cook tonight for my husband's family's Fourth of July eat a thon at their pond house. Then, since I've been blessed with a bunch of work I am gonna work. And work. And when I get through with that work some more.
    If I get a little bit of a break, though, some of Gregg's pigeons are gonna be in grave danger.
    Becky, I just looked at the radar and see you are getting wet, hope the pond house ain't in the pond.
    Looks like the pigeons are safe for today. It has stopped raining up here in the city, me and Reese are
    going to run some blinds in Alpharetta.
    Ya'll have fun.
    Gregg Leonard
    Roswell, Ga.

Tremblin Earth's Touch of Choclate "Reese" QAA FC/AFC Land Ahoy "Pirate" X Baypoints Dream Maker QAA
    Red Squad's Fifty Caliber "Sniper" NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Maple Creeks Mattie Mae
    Red Squad's Bad Girlfriend "Tinker"FC/AFC Nick of Time Lone Ranger X Good Ideas Windy Retreezer QAA
    Buck

We are waiting out the monsoon here in Auburn. Just looked at the radar... apparently its supposed to get worse before it gets better. We went out on the bike this morning before work, when it was just lightly raining. I'm hoping there will be a break in the afternoon where we can go train. Tomorrow we are back to work as usual before the weekend. Maybe we can train on Saturday, but I am on a limited radius this weekend due to work obligations.
    Natalie Fraser, DVM
    Trifecta Labradors

Home to my heart dog, Hudson:
    Am/Can Ch. Marshyhope's Satisfaction, CGC, WC, CDX, RE, JH

Still raining here in Northwest Alabama. Luckily the smoker is on the back porch. Warming up now. Smoked bologna for lunch and snacks, then ribs, whole loin and smoked corn on the cob. Oh yeah, a little smoked sausage for an appetizer. Maybe the day won't be a total washout. Also some fresh peaches cut up with a little sugar and watermelon for dessert.
    Last edited by MIDTNGRNHEAD; 07-04-2013 at 10:28 AM.
    Courage-being scared to death but saddling up anyway. John Wayne

If you don't know where you're going, every road will get you there.

Pick your battles. Be sure they're small enough to win but big enough to matter.

Quote Originally Posted by David McLendon View Post
    Watching it rain, got people here at the house that Iam stuck with tomorrow but will liely train Saturday
    David, I just got back from running blinds with Reese.
    It is starting to rain again, I am working tomorrow but will be there on Saturday.
    Hopefully, we can get in a good day.
    Gregg Leonard
    Roswell, Ga.

Buck

Hot and humid so training starts early and ends early. Got a little in this morning, but have to work tomorrow. Hoping to get out Sat morning early for 3-4 hrs and same for Sun. Unusually long hot spell for Southern New England. Hope this breaks soon.
    mostlygold
    Terrill's Mr Butch CDX TT; Terrill's Adalay CD TD; Goldtraks Once 'n Luv with Amy CD MH WCX; Goldtraks Opening Day; Highlands Split Image MH WCX **; Karousel's Goldtrak Maguire JH WCX; Highlands On A Dare CD MH WCX **; MHR HRCH Adirondac Bustd at the Bordr UD MH AXP AJP WCX CCA VCX CL3 PKII PDI; Mostlygold's On the Mark CL3 PJII PKI; HR WR Adirondac Mountain Renegade CDX MH WCX CCA VC

We don't stop playing because we've grown old, we grow old because we've stopped playing.

got up early to go train with dillard and kaiser. it was raining so i turned over. the rain slacked off so i went out and hacked up some blinds close by.

then went to lunch at mom and dad's. nothing like momma's cooking, especially this time of year when the garden is happnin'. going to sherry's folks at 2 for dinner and such.

btw i made squash and zuchinni casseroles for both cookouts. yesterday i went to day train with my good friend carter hughes at windrush. when i got in the truck to come home celeste had me a LARGE bag of just picked, yellow squash and zukes in the truck. i added a little cheese, bread crumbs, butter, heavy cream and a bunch of vidalia onion........thanks carter and celeste, erbody loved it!
    john mccallie

Gregg we used poured concrete. We also did prefab house. We pulled in this morning and half the house was here already they are mounting it Monday. I have my video camera charged any ready.
    Effective gun control is hitting what you aim at!