The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok.....so just how BIG is the retriever games community?????

Default Ok.....so just how BIG is the retriever games community?????

For all of you who have been at this for awhile.....just how BIG is the retriever games community? It would seem like it's a pretty small group to me. There are only 2 or 3 other people within an hour radius of me that I know of. When people around here see me with the dog box they ask me "how many people do that"? Let's include FT'ers, HT'ers, AKC, UKC, HRC and any others I may have missed. Limit it to USA. No need to do a bunch of research, I'm just curious whether were talking 10K, 20K, 30K or more. It's perfectly fine with me that we're a small group. I've always enjoyed doing things that not a lot of other people are doing!!

OK, I'll participate in the count-off: "1"

Lonnie Spann
    DISCLAIMER: The above post is the opinionated and biased view of your's truly, Lonnie Spann, and is in no way intended to reflect the opinions or views of the unfortunate individuals named below who just happen to be doomed with guilt by association.

Member of CAHRC and North AL HRC. I train with AND AM FRIENDS WITH: Fishduck, Laidback, Splash_Em, RF2, Drake2014, Claimsadj, Hooked on Quackers, RookieTrainer and Roseberry.

HRCH Spann's Quacker Jack "Jack" 500 Pt. Club (New & IMPROVED jacket).

Shawn White
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

I'll speed up the "local" count off.

RTF - 2817 active members.

So how many dog gamers don't belong??
    May you pin all the marks and line the blinds!!

Avatar courtesy of RTF"s TZAPPIA

I might be in the minority but I'm certain to forget someone. I can think of at least 7 people within an hour of me and those are just the people I know.

the retriever community is smaller than you think but its network is faster and wider reaching with the electronic age, Facebook, internet and text messaging, even for those that are electronically challenged

rumours, happenings,breedings and whose dog is on whose truck may change almost daily, but the news of that is almost faster than the event itself..
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

In dog sports were are but a pimple on an elephant's derrière

The number shrinks even further when a club is looking for judges and is smaller yet at the end of a test weekend when things need packing away and the grounds tidied.
    power without lumber, raciness without weediness

A big man never looks down on others.... instead, he is someone to look up to.

Dr. Ed, It is a very large pimple to those of us that are included in the group. I got your note and greatly appreciate it. Cleo and I met you one time at a nutrition program and I have always followed your posts. The dog world is a very close nit bunch of folks with a very intensive love for the animals we deal with. I have been overwhelmed by the outpouring of love from folks we didn't even know we knew.

It may be a small group, but it is as close or actually closer than many families. Common love for Gods small creatures. Bill
    'Show up for work, do the best job you can and treat others the way you would like to be treated'