The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Russian Security Forces at US public events?

Default Russian Security Forces at US public events?

Read more from the Moscow Times:
    “Russian officials will provide security at mass events in the U.S. as part of a deal signed last week between the Emergency Situations Ministry and its U.S. equivalent, the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
    Representatives of both agencies arrived at an agreement during last week’s 17th Joint U.S.-Russia Cooperation Committee on Emergency Situations, but the move has been met with some concern from those wary of foreign troops operating on U.S. soil, Infowars.com reported Monday.
    “The parties approved of U.S.-Russian cooperation, which envisages the exchange of experience including in monitoring and forecasting emergency situations, training of rescuers, development of mine-rescuing and provision of security at mass events,” the ministry said in a statement.
    Under the terms of the new deal, Russian troops could be deployed at ”National Special Security Events,” as determined by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
    Events that have been awarded this status in the past include the Super Bowl, international summits such as the G8 and presidential inaugurations.
    Russian troops trained on U.S. soil for the first time last year when 22 army paratroopers visited Colorado for a fortnight’s training with the 10th Special Forces Group at Fort Carson.”

It occurs to me to wonder how many US troops have been invited to train with Russia's special forces?

http://patriotcaller.com/fema-approv...ps-on-us-soil/
    Exercise like this are supposedly aimed at improving emergency response capabilities. As an American, I can’t think of anything more disastrous than allowing foreign military troops to provide security in a disaster scenario. With the language barrier, unfamiliar customs, and differences in property rights, this isn’t disaster response… it’s a disaster.

Big news is now coming out for any American wary of foreign troops on U.S. soil. Russia recently signed a deal with the United States that would allow Russian troops to provide security at major events in the U.S.

The Ministry of the Russian Federation put out a press release on June 26th which explained a new deal that has been signed between the Russian Emergency Situations Ministry and the United States Federal Emergency Management Agency. (FEMA)
    According to the new deal, Russia and the United States will "exchange experts during joint rescue operations and in major disasters" and "exchange experience in monitoring and forecasting emergency situations, training rescuers, developing mine-rescuing and providing security at mass events."
    So according to this deal, Russian forces will be present at any event considered a "National Special Security Event," which, according to the United States Secret Service website, is a title designated by the Secretary of Homeland Security. Past events that have been considered "National Special Security Events" include Super Bowls, State of the Union Addresses, the Olympics, and the Democratic and Republican national conventions.
    United States and Russian forces have previously trained together on US soil. In fact, the first time Russians ever trained on US soil was just last year.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/articl...#ixzz2YBk9ak00
    http://www.westernjournalism.com/are...ops-in-the-us/
    Now in addition to sighting of MRAP vehicles, “Sherrie” tells readers that “Russians were stopping and questioning people in the Gatlinburg, Smoky Mountain Parks region.” She quotes a high ranking individual in a local area state militia organization who she says she trusts as being truthful. The scenario developed when these apparently foreign troops wearing DHS uniforms with the Eagle insignia tried to enter Tennessee from Kentucky. “They were NOT Americans. . .appeared to be Russian or Eastern European!”
    The Tennessee State Guard is being formulated as part of the 22 state Governors’ Militia Organization of volunteers which answers only to the Governors, not to the Federal government. (2) What has developed is the confiscation of equipment belong to National Guard Units nationwide. Trucks and other equipment sent to Iraq are not being replaced or returned to the states by the federal government because it is “too expensive” to transport the vehicles and equipment back into the country. This has prompted 22 governors to form State Militia Units paid for by the states and thus kept out of the reach of the federal government. (2)

While the last citation is a blogger, the basic fact of these Russian troops coming here for training is an undeniable fact.

It also occurs to me: are we freaken nuts? Bringing Russian troops to our soil (last I heard Russia wasn't exactly one of our "allies" in most cases); showing them how our Special Forces operate; let them become familiar with our weapons; let them move freely in our society.

I can understand exchanges like this with allies, but giving the Russians access to our strategiesm tactics and weaponry seems ... what's the word? ... dumb?

Back in 2010, this was published:
    http://www.westernjournalism.com/are...ops-in-the-us/

Russia’s commitment to cooperating with the U.S. in addressing humanitarian crises is another sign of its reemergence as strong global partner and international donor. U.S. and Russian teams are already working together to improve rescue efforts in response to natural disasters and terrorism, and this is just one of many areas in which we are collaborating on global development. USAID/Russia also partners with the Ministry of Health to send Russian medical experts to countries in Africa and with Russia’s new agency for humanitarian cooperation, Rossotrudnichestvo, to strengthen its capacity to provide aid.
    After spending the week in Russia, I am even more convinced that the U.S. and Russia have much to gain by working together to address the big challenges of the 21st century. I believe USAID should continue to be at the center of much of that cooperation and partnership.

Is this activity in 2013 some of the added "flexibility" that Obama promised Putin?

I keep looking for the exact number of Russian troops that are involved, but have not been able to find a reliable source. There was a hoax that reported the number of Russians being 15,000.

G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I think it hilarious that the Russians think they could learn anything from our Federal Emergency Management Agency, maybe it is our attempt at dumbing down their agencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    It occurs to me to wonder how many US troops have been invited to train with Russia's special forces?
    The Canadians come to Fort Lewis on a regular basis - they were fascinated by our dog training .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    I think it hilarious that the Russians think they could learn anything from our Federal Emergency Management Agency, maybe it is our attempt at dumbing down their agencies.
    But they're also working with our Special Forces.

Marvin, I see no problem working with the Canadians. They have been allies (as well as good neighbors) ever since Canada become sovereign.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    But they're also working with our Special Forces.

Marvin, I see no problem working with the Canadians. They have been allies (as well as good neighbors) ever since Canada become sovereign.
    Gerry, having had to sit through a few of those FEMA emergency response classes, I found the whole thing amusing. In all seriousness, it sounds like another way that the Military and these other agencies have found to waste another billion, I am not concerned that the Russians will pick up any secrets while doing traffic control with our military.

How do you spell "Naïve"...anyone who thinks allowing Russian Military into the USA "Is not a problem"...is either ill-informed or just plain stupid! Under Vladimir Putin, former KGB agent, you can bet he will use whatever opportunities we are stupid enough to give him to place agents, recruit and train agents, and gather intelligence on our military. Another stupid move under Obama’s leadership as Commander and Chief!
    Last edited by swampcollielover; 07-06-2013 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    How do you spell "Naïve"...anyone who thinksallowing Russian Military into the USA "Is not a problem"...is eitherill-informed or just plain stupid! Under Vladimir Putin, former KGBagent, you can bet he will use whatever opportunities we are stupid enough togive him to place agents, recruit and train agents, and gather intelligence onour military. Another stupid move underObama’s leadership as Commander and Chief!
    Good post.

We have a lot of dumb people running this country .............................. or else they are trying to sabotage our country.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

This administration must be having a difficult time finding american soldiers to fire on its own people. The russian and U.N. security forces don't need to know but one phrase "stop or i'll shoot".
    They are planning with great detail for civil unrest. mmmmm I wonder why.

Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift