The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: RTF-An observation & A Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    Technically we have over 5k users and only a few hundred votes on that thread. That's roughly only 4% of the rtf population that voted.
    /Paul
    The world is governed by those who show up.

Amy Dahl

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    Technically we have over 5k users and only a few hundred votes on that thread. That's roughly only 4% of the rtf population that voted. Therefore you can't really say "the members" are in favor of doing anything. Course you may just be getting conditioned to in your state. How you coming on turning in your guns and learning to smoke pot?

/Paul
    This is why we need to show up ,like Amy said....The old saying of the "squeaky wheel gets the grease" still holds true...We need to make more noise if we are to see things continue as is or go to pot as some would like to see...Steve S
    "Your dog learns as much by doing his work right,by your praise and encouragement, as he does by your displeasure and correction." DLWalters

As someone else said, it's summer time. People are out training dogs, taking the family on vacation and such so participation is down. Happens every year.

In the winter more people post, there's more content but there's also more snarkyness as people get cabin fever.

I agree that some needed to go. I also agree that RTF is not what it once was, both for experienced training advice and just the atmosphere of the place. In part, IMO, because some have left for one reason or another that added content and flavor to the board, a handful of classic/mainstays of RTF have passed, and there are WAY more thin skinned members over the last couple of years that sick the mods on posters at the drop of a hat.

Like everything else, there is an ebb and flow to RTF. You either ride the tide or get out of the water.
    Rick Curtis ~ Now in Ontario, CA

Little Man Caught It On The River SH ~ "Ace"

Handlers Handle, Dogs Dog, Judges Judge

"If you train a young dog for momentum, precision will arrive. If you train for precision, demanding perfection, momentum will depart."
    ~Rex Carr

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Shih View Post
    However, it seems that some are unwilling to accept by the decision of the janitor and the desires of the majority.
    Hey, thats just like Government! We the People- vote- and no matter what we vote on or against- the SC over rules what the majority wants- Look at CA!
    Oops- gee maybe that should go on potus.
    HOME OF:
    Waterspook Sables Dark Secret, MH (Sable)
    Trumarcs Bankshot Bandit, MH ( Fats)
    Waterspook Tomfoolery, SH ( Tommie)
    IN MEMORY OF::
    Waterspook Bankshot Whiz Bang,JH (Jesse)
    Waterspooks Girl Named Bill, SH ( Billie- my princess.....)
    Waterspook Kickin' Gunshot, SH ( Boom)
    Waterspook Kickin' Good Time MH(Kick)
    Waterspooks Partner In Crime, SH ( Bouncer)
    Brush Creek Waterspook, JH, WC- my first girl.(Spooky)

There are so many forums out there these days. I'm certain those who don't agree with the way Chris chooses to run this one could find one run the way they would prefer a forum be run. Or maybe even start their own....
    Cory
    Member DU DELTA TU
    Basswood and Bamboo
    SHR Rigby's Tonkin Trout Grass a/k/a "Tonka"

Suu valehtelee, silmät puhuvattotta.

Quote Originally Posted by afdahl View Post
    The world is governed by those who show up.

Amy Dahl
    Yup! And the rest spend eternity pissin' & moanin".

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American, though it may be too little too late now.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia

This is perhaps the most useless thread of all time.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by RookieTrainer View Post
    I would add one more category - those who have known so much for so long that they have forgotten what it was like to know you didn't know, while desperately wanting to know. Not knowing something doesn't make you stupid, it just makes you a beginner. Training your first dog is a lot like trying to put a jigsaw puzzle together without the picture; it's hard when you really don't know what it is supposed to look like when you are through.

I fully expect to get told I am wrong every time I post something on here (it certainly happens a lot when I am training) and that's the way I learn and get forced to think about alternate approaches. But the ones I really appreciate are those folks - and I have at least three - who can tell me I am being a dumba$$ about something without calling me one. That difference is significant, at least to me, and I suspect to several others on this forum.

JMHO, YMMV.
    Another category is those that have known so much for so long that they think that they are the only ones that know anything.

They must be obeyed or else...
    Renee P

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    This is perhaps the most useless thread of all time.
    I don't know... Are we talking RTF? Or all of the web?

It is raining, and I am doing school work. That's my excuse.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

"Junior Modding", "Backseat Modding", or "Forum copping" can refer negatively to the behavior of ordinary users who take a moderator-like tone in criticizing other members."

I have noticed more than a healthy amount of this going on by a few...........So from now on when you see me post BM to a quoted passage...be carefull you don't always confuse it with the generic BS which of course it may also be

john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"