The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 255

Thread: RTF-An observation & A Suggestion

  1. #31
    Senior Member Gun_Dog2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Mohawk Valley
    Posts
    8,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steve schreiner View Post
    This is why we need to show up ,like Amy said....The old saying of the "squeaky wheel gets the grease" still holds true...We need to make more noise if we are to see things continue as is or go to pot as some would like to see...Steve S
    Well we could break it down this way. 4% of RTF had strong feelings to vote one way or another. The other 96% were indifferent. If we focus on the 4%, 3% were adamant against letting the banned have amnesty. Clearly that was a strong opinion among those 3% and its safe to say anyone against amnesty voted.

    That being the case, the 96% would fall into the 1% side leaving us with 97% for amnesty and 3% against. A complete landslide for amnesty.

    My finance guy hates me...

    /Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

    Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

    https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

  2. #32
    Senior Member Bruce MacPherson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jewell, Ore
    Posts
    1,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    Technically we have over 5k users and only a few hundred votes on that thread. That's roughly only 4% of the rtf population that voted. Therefore you can't really say "the members" are in favor of doing anything. Course you may just be getting conditioned to in your state. How you coming on turning in your guns and learning to smoke pot?



    /Paul
    That right there is hilarious, in a kind and caring way though.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

  3. #33
    Senior Member luvalab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    central ohio
    Posts
    1,083

    Default

    Four pages and both Fallon and Shih have weighed in.

    This thread either needs to pick up some speed or be left by all to slowly die.

    Poll, anyone?
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pa.
    Posts
    5,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvalab View Post
    Four pages and both Fallon and Shih have weighed in.

    This thread either needs to pick up some speed or be left by all to slowly die.

    Poll, anyone?
    The correct or incorect, good or bad, consequence of the lamentations of the OP...........


    john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

    "A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

  5. #35
    Senior Member BBnumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Fountain, CO
    Posts
    863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    Well we could break it down this way. 4% of RTF had strong feelings to vote one way or another. The other 96% were indifferent. If we focus on the 4%, 3% were adamant against letting the banned have amnesty. Clearly that was a strong opinion among those 3% and its safe to say anyone against amnesty voted.

    That being the case, the 96% would fall into the 1% side leaving us with 97% for amnesty and 3% against. A complete landslide for amnesty.

    My finance guy hates me...

    /Paul
    Totally bad logic. The 96% are for the status quo, which is Chris decides
    -=#David

    Well, this started off as a really interesting thread. Too bad we couldn't keep it that way. (Rick_C 2009, Classic RTF)
    __________________________________________________ _
    Take what you get and thank them (the Judges) afterwards no matter what the outcome. (Moira Sheehan)

  6. #36
    Senior Member Gun_Dog2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Mohawk Valley
    Posts
    8,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBnumber1 View Post
    Totally bad logic. The 96% are for the status quo, which is Chris decides
    Little early to be hitting the pipe David...
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

    Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

    https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

  7. #37
    Senior Member badbullgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    Little early to be hitting the pipe David...
    He is on vacation, it is hot and I am sure beer has been consumed. Hard to do ciphering with a good buzz on.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

  8. #38

    Default

    Personally, I like variety. If someone who "doesn't know anything," gives me a good idea that just happens to work, I'm as happy as a hooker at the high roller table. I think it's true for any discipline. Of course a bit of salt in a fresh wound adds a bit of entertainment, as well.

    What the heck is keeping you so busy in the N. British Isles that you don't have time for a doggy forum? Anyway, have a safe journey back. I'm sure there is alot of value in your observations.

  9. #39
    Senior Member luvalab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    central ohio
    Posts
    1,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    This is perhaps the most useless thread of all time.

    My apologies. Your were (as the kids say) SOOO totally right.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Corinth MS
    Posts
    673

    Default

    As worthless as the amnesty poll. Doesn't matter! So move on and post up some training threads if everyone is supposedly out training.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •