The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: RTF-An observation & A Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt'EmUp View Post
    Simple answer to this is HRC peeps don't Like AKC very few run it, just as AKC don't like HRC and very few run it, Many AKC Dogs with just MH, many HRCH dog with just HRCH, many GRHRCH dog with just GRHRCH, many MNH dogs with just that, many FC dogs with only FC titles. Very few with MH-HRCH, HRCH-MH, FC AFC-MH-HRCH or any other combo of titles, you'd have to actually run the other venue, and assoicate with those people . Heck there are even dogs sold for Premium price who are only UKC registered, and have been for generations, and you'd have to make an effort to get them AKC papers, to run them. People stick to their own venues, or whatevers available in their area. Then we argue that the other side is easier or wrong, to inflate our egos and put our dogs and venue on a rung a tad above others. When a good dog, could care about venue, and every test-trial is an individual, regardless of venue, some are hard some easy. Yet we argue it and rate them, because It keeps the blood pumping, to talk a bit of smack. & Heck if we do it enough, it'll get this thread locked, which might be the only way to stop the outrageously incorrect things others are saying about CA vs. WI cheese
    I started in HRC over 23 years ago and AKC about 20 years ago. I always find Finished easier than Master. They are looking for different things. It takes a very good hunting retriever to pass Finished and i would be happy to hunt with any of them. It takes a very good very technical retriever to pass Master that may or may not be a hunting retriever. I would be happy to hunt with any MH. The Grand is far more difficult than a regular master hunt but not as technical as the MN. I will say the most difficult, yet fair, blind I have ever seen in a test was at the Grand in Madison GA 4 or 5 years ago.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

<<<<<< HRCH Calusa's Tank O'Chocolate MH
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    Actually compare the rules. More opportunities for failure due to handler in hrc

/Paul
    Thanks for your opinion. Where have I heard that before...
    Allen Dillard

HRCH Play It Again, Sam MH *** "Sam"
    Scout's High Calibre "Colt"
    Slippin' Up the Holler "Dooley"
    Lucky Number Seven VII "Layla"

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    I started in HRC over 23 years ago and AKC about 20 years ago. I always find Finished easier than Master. They are looking for different things. It takes a very good hunting retriever to pass Finished and i would be happy to hunt with any of them. It takes a very good very technical retriever to pass Master that may or may not be a hunting retriever. I would be happy to hunt with any MH. The Grand is far more difficult than a regular master hunt but not as technical as the MN. I will say the most difficult, yet fair, blind I have ever seen in a test was at the Grand in Madison GA 4 or 5 years ago.
    Good post. I run everything...HRC, AKC HT, AKC FT, SRS... and we have a frying blast every time we go to the line. Even have letters in all venues.

That said, IMHO, this "peanut" attitude has diluted the quality of information on RTF. It has created more chaff and removed many of the persons willing to discuss real training issues. YMMV.
    Allen Dillard

HRCH Play It Again, Sam MH *** "Sam"
    Scout's High Calibre "Colt"
    Slippin' Up the Holler "Dooley"
    Lucky Number Seven VII "Layla"

These posts prove my point

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

These posts prove my point

/Paul
    Wait, what was the point again?
    Corey Burke

Actually compare the rules. More opportunities for failure due to handler in hrc

/Paul
    I do recall running behind a household name pro in an AKC test whereas the judges had described failure for unsafe gun handling (wooden gun unsafe handling).

Serious stuff they claimed.

Apparently none noticed said handler with his thumb on the end of the barrel, rocking it back and forth, butt on top of foot while dog ran.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

Quote Originally Posted by HNTFSH View Post
    I do recall running behind a household name pro in an AKC test whereas the judges had described failure for unsafe gun handling (wooden gun unsafe handling).

Serious stuff they claimed.

Apparently none noticed said handler with his thumb on the end of the barrel, rocking it back and forth, butt on top of foot while dog ran.
    That's bad, bad, bad-
    He might've picked up a splinter
    Dawgs are like Savings Accounts-
    You only get out of 'em what you put into 'em.

Reading this thread is like watching an old, bad zombie movie. I keep saying to myself "why won't it just DIE!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by knash3 View Post
    Reading this thread is like watching an old, bad zombie movie. I keep saying to myself "why won't it just DIE!!!!"
    I was just thinking the same thing, but for #250 posts, it's been pretty civil and talk about a range of topics...and a good splatter of GDG....RTF is one dysfunctional family for sure!
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot