The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: RTF-An observation & A Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by RF2 View Post
    Good post. I run everything...HRC, AKC HT, AKC FT, SRS... and we have a frying blast every time we go to the line. Even have letters in all venues.

That said, IMHO, this "peanut" attitude has diluted the quality of information on RTF. It has created more chaff and removed many of the persons willing to discuss real training issues. YMMV.
    Since you miss the hard core non peanutty attitude, here is a personal attack just for you!

Your dog does NOT have letters in all of those venues! A simple *** doesn't count. Just do a forum search & you will find volumes backing up the fact that QAA is not a title.. That I am jealous of your accomplishment is irrelevant. The fact remains that you misspoke on the Internet. This travesty to mankind must be rectified. Otherwise, the world as we know it may end.

I will see you this fall as I desperately pursue the ***!!!!!!
    Mark Land

Quote Originally Posted by fishduck View Post
    Since you miss the hard core non peanutty attitude, here is a personal attack just for you!

Your dog does NOT have letters in all of those venues! A simple *** doesn't count. Just do a forum search & you will find volumes backing up the fact that QAA is not a title.. That I am jealous of your accomplishment is irrelevant. The fact remains that you misspoke on the Internet. This travesty to mankind must be rectified. Otherwise, the world as we know it may end.

I will see you this fall as I desperately pursue the ***!!!!!!
    Don't you know I'm an RTFBA? I'm gonna pm a moderator...
    Allen Dillard

HRCH Play It Again, Sam MH *** "Sam"
    Scout's High Calibre "Colt"
    Slippin' Up the Holler "Dooley"
    Lucky Number Seven VII "Layla"

I started in AKC first & young dog, thus it was harder to get the MH than the HRCH's and MHR's, my dog was well finished when we started those. Now I run them all I don't see much difference, same tests, same principles, usually same judges (so same technics), different clothes. I've noticed differences in different areas of the country, prob. why pros travel (another can of worms). My hardest series was a NAHRA Senior, hardest blind HRC. As for the grand it's a guaranteed # of series, it is graded to a grand standard. With the recent uptake of MN entries, we're getting less and less series, done to finish on time. So that it appears it has become simply a double master hunt, sometimes less than that. The MN does not have an official higher MN standard of grading, so all it's really grading different from a weekend test is longevity, hard to do that with less series. The grand does everything it can to remain standard regardless of venue. The MN changes, #series, what's considered a series, appeared toughness etc. every year, it's not standard. We could get into Grand vs. MN judge selection processes, (Do club votes vs. committee =popularity contests?).

The MN is in my area next year, the highest pass rate ever is this area. I might pony up the cash to go, but pushing to run 6 MH tests, with dogs that have already passed many, just to go and sit for days waiting. Seems like paying money, to condemn myself to purgatory as next years vacation. What is it proving for a finished dog to run 6 additional test to the same standard they've passed time and time again. Except to put $ in a kennel clubs pocket, and if one pays enough $ runs enough tests, you too can qualify . So I prefer the HRC, when your an HRCH your an HRCH, your not a Grand dog, you have to prove that at the Grand under the grand standard, and still pass enough finished tests (200pt)but you don't have to pay every year to reprove you are indeed an HRCH.

It's been fun wacking it back and forth. But we really should've gotten in to name calling and threats by now. Perhaps those P.C. beatings and sensitivity training are starting to work (is this a good thing?) At least we've added substance to a W(H)INNING Thread
    Last edited by Hunt'EmUp; 07-12-2013 at 01:11 PM.
    "They's Just DAWGS"
    "Hunting is a skill to be learned whether you do it early or late it still needs to be learned"
    "I train dogs, Not papers"

GMRH HRCH Quick MH (most importantly Duck/Upland Enthusiast)
    MHR HRCH Lakota MH (most importantly Upland/Duck Enthusiast)
    SHR Storm.. the Pup (Beginning Upland & Waterfowl Enthusiast)

This thread is pretty pointless, but I kinda like it anyway.

Analogies, anyone.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH