The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: RTF-An observation & A Suggestion

If you guys can't see the merits of a database that gives you massive amounts of statistical information on judges dogs and handlers Then I don't know what to tell you. I am not saying that all the information is infallible nor Subjective But it is information and lots of it And information is power How you choose to interpret that information is up to you... But denying the fact that entry express is a useful tool "sifting" tool is absurd
    HOLD FAST
    Winter is coming
    Duck hunters like other duck hunters at a Holiday party, cocktail hour or a school play..........they hate each other @ 5am

Where are these tough questions that should be answered by the salty old pros which require research for validating their answer?

You guys can't be talking about the "what to name my dog" or resolving issues with the "My 10 week old isn't getting hand signals down right".

Or my personal favorite: "Can I train my 9 year old whipabeaglechesador to be a great duck dog"
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    A full page later and this thread is even more useless
    It's picken" up now!
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

Quote Originally Posted by HNTFSH View Post
    Where are these tough questions that should be answered by the salty old pros which require research for validating their answer?

You guys can't be talking about the "what to name my dog" or resolving issues with the "My 10 week old isn't getting hand signals down right".

Or my personal favorite: "Can I train my 9 year old whipabeaglechesador to be a great duck dog"

First we need to know a little more back ground,What program are you following ?
    Last edited by shawninthesticks; 07-08-2013 at 07:12 PM.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    A full page later and this thread is even more useless
    I disagree. I now have a variety of new cheeses to try that I've never tasted before. I love cheese, but have little to zero experience in how its made, how to rate it. I mostly just know how to eat it.

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    I disagree. I now have a variety of new cheeses to try that I've never tasted before. I love cheese, but have little to zero experience in how its made, how to rate it. I mostly just know how to eat it.

/Paul
    And like Stan how to cut it.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    So,, let them post!!! Let them voice opinion!

it spawns debate!

Maybe someone will follow and voice an opposing opinion, making others think, get involved in the topic.

That person who has just run a bunch of juniors MIGHT have experiences that MAY help those that haven't..

Do you really favor a discussion board where only approve experts give advice?

Debate can be valuable for EVERYONE

JMHDAO
    I'm not one to censor anyone--all-swim! Everyone in the pool! No running on the deck, no artificial flotation devices.

Sometimes, I vet my sources. Sometimes it's with EE. What's the big deal?
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

Quote Originally Posted by HNTFSH View Post

That's a really good question.

Also, whatever happened to the dog with "the mother of all boils" on its "wee wee"?

I'm gunning for 1000 posts before I seek asylum from The Cheese Forum. I'll try to think of a good training question.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

/Paul
    And we now know that the retriever world evidently began in 2003 with the advent of EE
    Bill Davis

/Paul
    It's all about your palate - folks preference in cheeses can run the gamut & many times is influenced by it's pairing -

I don't like Cougar Gold, used to like Tillamook until I was introduced to higher end cheese. Now troll the Farmers Markets & sample the product, on occasion buying something that tastes good.

If they don't own their own animals I generally don't buy their product.

High butterfat animals produce the best cheese - most cheddar can be bought for less than $2 a pound in 100 pound blocks, smoked & macaroni cheese.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!