The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 255

Thread: RTF-An observation & A Suggestion

  1. #111
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    I disagree. I now have a variety of new cheeses to try that I've never tasted before. I love cheese, but have little to zero experience in how its made, how to rate it. I mostly just know how to eat it.

    /Paul
    It's all about your palate - folks preference in cheeses can run the gamut & many times is influenced by it's pairing -

    I don't like Cougar Gold, used to like Tillamook until I was introduced to higher end cheese. Now troll the Farmers Markets & sample the product, on occasion buying something that tastes good.

    If they don't own their own animals I generally don't buy their product.

    High butterfat animals produce the best cheese - most cheddar can be bought for less than $2 a pound in 100 pound blocks, smoked & macaroni cheese.
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  2. #112
    Senior Member shawninthesticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    north east mo
    Posts
    1,769

    Default

    Until I was about 10 years old ,this was the only cheese choices I knew of ...hard to beat some trailer park cheese.
    When mom brought home the Sharp cheddar flavor ...I knew I had done something right. Point and shoot.






    tumblr_m8h0hcmSTG1qa0jizo1_500.jpg
    Shawn White

    HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

    BCR's Born to Boogie "Boogie" (FC Contempt of Court "Ruckus" X HR Big Creek Retrivers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy")

  3. #113
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn White View Post
    Until I was about 10 years old ,this was the only cheese choices I knew of ...hard to beat some trailer park cheese.
    When mom brought home the Sharp cheddar flavor ...I knew I had done something right. Point and shoot.






    tumblr_m8h0hcmSTG1qa0jizo1_500.jpg
    Man you didn't know what you were missing!

    image.jpg
    Bill Davis

  4. #114
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fall City, WA
    Posts
    4,640

    Default

    I love a good rustic goat cheese. There is a place up the road that makes cheese from some weird buffalo. Been meaning to get there too.

  5. #115
    Senior Member shawninthesticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    north east mo
    Posts
    1,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Man you didn't know what you were missing!

    image.jpg
    Thats "holiday cheese" Only got that fer holidays...
    Shawn White

    HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

    BCR's Born to Boogie "Boogie" (FC Contempt of Court "Ruckus" X HR Big Creek Retrivers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy")

  6. #116
    Senior Member HNTFSH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn White View Post
    [/B]

    First we need to know a little more back ground,What program are you following ?
    Program? I don't need no Hunting Champion. Just a dog that's steady, quiet, finds all the ducks, and can take hand signals.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

  7. #117
    Senior Member shawninthesticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    north east mo
    Posts
    1,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HNTFSH View Post
    Program? I don't need no Hunting Champion. Just a dog that's steady, quiet, finds all the ducks, and can take hand signals.
    In that case its simple. Just get a electronic collar strap it on him and say the command ,then hold the red button....he'll figure it out.
    Shawn White

    HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

    BCR's Born to Boogie "Boogie" (FC Contempt of Court "Ruckus" X HR Big Creek Retrivers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy")

  8. #118
    Senior Member HNTFSH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn White View Post
    In that case its simple. Just get a electronic collar strap it on him and say the command ,then hold the red button....he'll figure it out.
    Hey thanks! Sure am glad I found this site! I was thinkin' that would work!
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

  9. #119
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    I love a good rustic goat cheese. There is a place up the road that makes cheese from some weird buffalo. Been meaning to get there too.
    I'm not sure she's playing anymore - don't remember seeing the buffaloes the last time I was by the place - in fact, don't remember seeing any animals at all.
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  10. #120
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fall City, WA
    Posts
    4,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I'm not sure she's playing anymore - don't remember seeing the buffaloes the last time I was by the place - in fact, don't remember seeing any animals at all.
    The sign board was out a few months ago.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •