The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: RTF-An observation & A Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by smillerdvm View Post
    I referred to people offering up advice and solutions that may not be correct and observed that research indicated to me that some of those internet experts that seem to be taking over RTF don't have a stellar performance record on EE. You for example have nearly 10,000 posts and appear to have somewhat of a protected status on RTF. Those factors can tend to make others reticent to call you out. That in turn can give new trainers a feeling of confidence in your viewpoints; particularly when they go unchallenged

I pointed out that I believe those who use and accept RTF as a training resource may not have been well served by the peanutty attitude that is being encouraged here. I feel that in the freer wheeling RTF of old that some of the more experienced who no longer post due to disinterest, not liking the new culture, or being banned may have felt more comfortable about calling you out and having a freer dialogue to give opposing viewpoints for the lesser experienced to draw from

You have let the cat out of the bag that you are one of the ones I referred to as Muddling. I don't mean to offend your sensibilities. However if it comes to protecting the sensibilities of thin skinned posters or protecting the newer trainers who use RTF from getting unopposed bad advice, I would think the forum would be better served to get the whole unvarnished truth.
    Sounds like you've got a pretty good handle on what's good, solid, sound advice vs. the bad.

You should come aboard more often and offer up some help for some of these folks who are getting a "crappy" Rx.
    Dawgs are like Savings Accounts-
    You only get out of 'em what you put into 'em.

somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    Ted, You're kind of the "pot calling the kettle black" in this type of conversation. For much of your comments would give no credit to anyone who was less than a National Qualifier.
    Very true.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Shih View Post
    There is no reason that discussion on RTF cannot be civil, regardless of the qualifications of the poster.

Saying that people were chased away from RTF because they were denied the freedom to engage in crude, personal attacks makes no sense at all.
    There is no reason for crude personal attacks (I don't see anything crude on this thread--besides the obviously sad ability to make a chicago style hotdog) And I believe many of us do indeed check on advice --this is what you posted back in November:
    For those of you reading this thread, I suggest you go to:

The AKC Judges Website,
    http://www.akc.org/judges_directory/, and check to see how often a poster has judged field trials

And

The Entry Express Website,
    https://www.entryexpress.net/LoggedIn/search.aspx and see how often a poster has competed in field trials.

Then you can see whether the poster has the knowledge and experience to support his/her opinions

I don't believe EE is the end all be all--as there are people who do not compete and are very talented trainers. There was also a dog world long before EE.
    Last edited by Pals; 07-10-2013 at 02:05 PM.

This thread started with sour milk, turned into a happy muenster, and now has taken a very active turn towards.......???????

Hopefully a rich, salty Stilton.

But we're at a crucial point, people--could turn rotten if we're not careful.... Let's keep the atmosphere conducive to successful cheesemaking!

I'm making some assumptions and boiling this down a bit (I don't mean to offend, just to make a point brief): Ted's expertise seems to be in figuring out how to win. If that's not what someone else is after, he is going to look at Ted's post, consider its usefulness to his situation, and take the appropriate action.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

Quote Originally Posted by Pals View Post
    There is no reason for crude personal attacks (I don't see anything crude on this thread--besides the obviously sad ability to make a chicago style hotdog) And I believe many of us do indeed check on advice --this is what you posted back in November:
    For those of you reading this thread, I suggest you go to:

The AKC Judges Website,
    http://www.akc.org/judges_directory/, and check to see how often a poster has judged field trials

And

The Entry Express Website,
    https://www.entryexpress.net/LoggedIn/search.aspx and see how often a poster has competed in field trials.

Then you can see whether the poster has the knowledge and experience to support his/her opinions

I don't believe EE is the end all be all--as there are people who do not compete and are very talented trainers. There was also a dog world long before EE.
    Sounds a lot to me that apparently someone needs to have successfully competed in a Trial to fully understand how to properly intro gunfire, intro birds, solid Ob., etc. etc.,.
    In other words- if 'ya don't compete and have a showcase full of ribbons, you don't know what you're talking about.

Respectfully-
    Entry Express doesn't have a danged thing to do with what someone knows. Would think the quality of a post would tell a story.
    Oh well.
    No disrespect to anyone.
    Dawgs are like Savings Accounts-
    You only get out of 'em what you put into 'em.

This kind of bickering generally occurs in the winter, why now?

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    Too damn hot outside!
    Bill Davis

Heat exhaustion ,Doc.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

BCR's Born to Boogie "Boogie" (FC Contempt of Court "Ruckus" X HR Big Creek Retrivers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy")

Seasons are all messed up. It's too hot out West and all the rain has gone East. Really messing with everyones' heads.

It's pretty soupy and unstable where I am. Driving an hour or two to get caught in a downpour (again) is not inspiring.

I suppose I could go run some blinds at the park, but standing on a hill with one arm up in the air and electronics in the other would be unwise.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH