The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: It's curious how much of this type of news...

Default It's curious how much of this type of news...

...is posted only in weekend newspapers of the MSP, and it's doubtful it received even a three-liner by the TV network anchors. As long as the Prince of Fools has his regime in charge, it's what we have to deal with. If it doesn't change in 2014, having 47% full time jobs will be a high mark for a couple generations.

UB

An alarming aspect of the jobs report released this week is just how few Americans are working full-time. “Of the 144 million Americans employed last month, only 116 million were working full-time,” reports Breitbart. “Friday’s report showed that 58.7% of the civilian adult population of 245 million was working last month. Only 47% of Americans, however, had a full-time job.”

The number of part-time jobs in the American economy surged to an all-time high of 28,059,000 while full-time jobs fell 240,000.

If you’re wondering why the Obama administration decided to delay the implementation of the Obamacare employer mandate, this is why.

That mandate provides a heavy incentive for businesses to move their labor to part-time work by exempting those working less than 30 hours per week from a requirement for health insurance coverage.

Also, the labor participation rate continues to hover at a 25-year low:

And the underemployment rate, people who want full-time work but can’t find it, is at 14.3%:

But what’s troubling about our part-time economy is the heavy burden American workers carry in terms of government. Looking at the federal government’s revenues, 41.6% comes from income taxes. Another 40% comes from payroll taxes.

As the expense of the federal government, and massive entitlement programs like Medicare and Social Security, grows heavier the load is falling on the backs of fewer Americans who are working less hours.
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    ...is posted only in weekend newspapers of the MSP, and it's doubtful it received even a three-liner by the TV network anchors. As long as the Prince of Fools has his regime in charge, it's what we have to deal with. If it doesn't change in 2014, having 47% full time jobs will be a high mark for a couple generations.

UB

An alarming aspect of the jobs report released this week is just how few Americans are working full-time. “Of the 144 million Americans employed last month, only 116 million were working full-time,” reports Breitbart. “Friday’s report showed that 58.7% of the civilian adult population of 245 million was working last month. Only 47% of Americans, however, had a full-time job.”

The number of part-time jobs in the American economy surged to an all-time high of 28,059,000 while full-time jobs fell 240,000.

If you’re wondering why the Obama administration decided to delay the implementation of the Obamacare employer mandate, this is why.

That mandate provides a heavy incentive for businesses to move their labor to part-time work by exempting those working less than 30 hours per week from a requirement for health insurance coverage.

Also, the labor participation rate continues to hover at a 25-year low:

And the underemployment rate, people who want full-time work but can’t find it, is at 14.3%:

But what’s troubling about our part-time economy is the heavy burden American workers carry in terms of government. Looking at the federal government’s revenues, 41.6% comes from income taxes. Another 40% comes from payroll taxes.

As the expense of the federal government, and massive entitlement programs like Medicare and Social Security, grows heavier the load is falling on the backs of fewer Americans who are working less hours.
    Over 16,000 pages of rules and regulations and even though it has not been implemented, they STILL have major problems. No wonder Nancy said it had to be passed to find out what was in it.

What I find even more troubling is that the House of Representatives has done nothing to "de-fund" the Obama care bill. That is what we elected them to do! This bill is driving employers, especially lily small businesses, to hire part time vs. full time employees. In basic Economics, they talk about "un-intended consequences" that always occur when you make changes like "Obama Care"! I really believe Obama and his Administration are so stupid they did not anticipate these "consequences" !
    Last edited by swampcollielover; 07-07-2013 at 12:16 PM.

The House has voted something like 35 times to repeal the entire act. Those bills sit on Harry Reid's desk. What more do you expect them to do?
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    The House has voted something like 35 times to repeal the entire act. Those bills sit on Harry Reid's desk. What more do you expect them to do?
    Swamp, I think you are wrong. They KNEW EXACTLY WHAT THEY WERE DOING! The whole plan is to go to the Single Employer system like Canada. Would never have flown here had the public realized what they were getting. Just take a look at Obama's statements when he was trying to get it passed. "If you have insurance you will be able to keep your insurance." Almost immediately McDonalds talked of terminating insurance for their employees that had a limited policy. There was a cluse in Obamacare that overhead for administration could only be a certain percent of premiums. Certinly put in to eliminate certain types of policies. Oh yes they got a waiver but what about their competitors that have no waiver. When he said "Insurance premiums will decrease". Well only idiots and liars repeated it, some on this forum.

I have a sister who I love dearly, that has worked for the government as a college Prof. all her adult life except for a few months for the Red Cross when she graduated from college. She would fit in with some on this forum. Takes The Economist as gospel and worships at the feet of Krugman. She totally ignores Milton Friedman and can only talk of Keynes. Is she smart? She has an IQ of 145 but has spent her total working life in academia. Ask her about private business and she will tell you what the banks are doing wrong. During the past few years she complains that they won't lend money. When we had the fiscal crisis, she ranted that they loaned money when they should not have. Ask her about income redistribution and her answer is that she is for it under certain circumstances(I have always wondered if she means redistribute other peoples' money just so it isn't hers) Ask her about the death tax and ask her for a reason for an exemption and she won't answer. She likes the death tax just so long as they have a 3 milion exemption(She is worth less than 3 million but certainly more than a million).

Let me give just one last example of their false logic. When Obama mandated that health insurance must provide contraceptives for free with all insurance policies, he gave as the reason that availability was the issue. The liberals here immediately jumped in to support it using the arguement that those who opposed the action were those who were against abortion. Some on this forum did so EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE AWARE that any woman including minors could go to any county health department AND GET CONTRACEPTION AND REPRODUCTIVE CARE FOR FREE!

Oh yes I will have to tell this also. There is an individual who posted his experieces when referred to the Mayo Clinic. He blasted the doctor who referred him as incompentant and praised the Clinic for their correct diagnosis. I won't comment on his evaluation of the doctor other than to say that the fact that his referring doctor could not diagnose his condition accurately and that the Mayo Clinic did, does not in and of itself support his conclusions. Anyway after praising the Mayo Clinic for their high quality doctors he then talked of their being paid a salary and not for services fee services. What he did not say that the Mayo Clinic can not pay their doctors from reimbursements for treatment rendered. They have to rely on chritable contributions. Like him, I was at one time referred also and just as soon as I got home, I started receiving letters asking for donations. Don't get me wrong, the Mayo Clinic is a fine institution noted world wide for their diagnostics. My doctor asked me to go "just to make sure that he had not mised anything". In my case, he hadn't. Given my circumstances some people would bith that my doctor sent me at added expense when he already know what the diagnosis was.

You think the liberals don't know what they are doing? Oh yes they do. It is just hard for you to believe that they hold the beliefs they do.