RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Highest priced retriever ever!!!

7K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  jd6400 
#1 ·
Just wondering if someone knows what is the highest price that you know of a lab being sold for?

#3 ·
I'm asking a million bucks for my girl but havn't seen any money yet:)

#9 · (Edited)
Not even close. There have been several 200k dogs, but you are not going to get confirmation from the parties involved. Just one of those things that are generally not talked about other than rumors.

#5 ·
Well someone will have to tune in on Banner and Guide??

#11 ·
No one other than buyer and seller know and they usually don't talk. Most of what the public knows is rumor. The $250K rumor seems to be the top end and while I know the dog it would be inappropriate to post on a public forum.

#12 ·
I agree private information open only to rumor speculation. Sold a few never talked even among close dog friends, it was fun to listen to the rumors. All I can say is unless you are willing to sell the best dog you have ever owned, don't get in the dog selling business.

#13 ·
If you knew the price some people pay each year to campaign a dog(s), the price paid by someone buying a dog that is qualified for the nationals would not seem so outrageous. That amount is just another one of those things you don't ask about. Even most humble hunt testers don't want to know what they spend in a year and it is a fraction of what many FT's spend. Making a run at an FC is expensive and running a dog that is a national contender for several years in a row is more than most here could afford.

#15 ·
If you knew the price some people pay each year to campaign a dog(s), the price paid by someone buying a dog that is qualified for the nationals would not seem so outrageous. That amount is just another one of those things you don't ask about. Even most humble hunt testers don't want to know what they spend in a year and it is a fraction of what many FT's spend. Making a run at an FC is expensive and running a dog that is a national contender for several years in a row is more than most here could afford.
Well said.

#18 ·
you have to remember that price is relative to the year the transaction might have taken place..according to an article is Sports Illustrated that was posted here recently it stated that Eddie Bauer was involved in what is believed to be the highest sale for a dog in the early 1970's at 20K( Wanapum Yo Yo)...according to the Baseball Almanac the average MLB salary in '72 was $35K,members of the '72 Miami Dolphins made between 18-38k/year, the avg annual salary for a person was less than 8k/year

So a transaction of that magnitude back then would have easily eclipsed the six figure range of today

#19 ·
you have to remember that price is relative to the year the transaction might have taken place..according to an article is Sports Illustrated that was posted here recently it stated that Eddie Bauer was involved in what is believed to be the highest sale for a dog in the early 1970's at 20K( Wanapum Yo Yo)...according to the Baseball Almanac the average MLB salary in '72 was $35K,members of the '72 Miami Dolphins made between 18-38k/year, the avg annual salary for a person was less than 8k/year

So a transaction of that magnitude back then would have easily eclipsed the six figure range of today

http://www.davemanuel.com/inflation-calculator.php

Actually Bon it would be $120,481.93.... a paultry 5 figure sale

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.