RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Newbie Intro!! Hello RTF Community!!

3K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Adles 
#1 ·
Hello to all!!
Hi, my name is Bret, and yes, I am addicted to RTF. I have been hooked for a while now and have no intentions of changing that. Very few days go by that I am unable to lurk in the background trying to absorb as much information as possible.
I would like to thank everyone on RTF for their contributions to this site. I personally have gained tons of knowledge from all you guys and gals that so generously take the time to provide such a wonderful resource for retriever training information.
Thanks to you all, any questions I have had to this point have been answered in previous posts which is why I have been a silent lurker for so long. Who knows, Maybe someday I will be able to help out a newbie and give you all a break from repeating the same ole things over and over. Bill Hillman and Jackie Merten’s for example.
With this being my first pup, I started off with the Bill Hillman, Jackie Merten’s, and Smartworks Basics DVD’s and everything went pretty smooth, thanks to the DVD’s and your recommendations. . He (Ranger) did very well with basic obedience and I was fortunate enough to be able to introduce him to gun fire several times, dead and live pigeons, water, a Hunt test and a Field Trial. Obviously he was a spectator at these events but I was never unable to get that through his head as he almost yanked my arm off a couple of times for live flyers. Ranger is now with a Pro for CC and FF. Questions about all that later.
Anyhow, enough rambling and I look forward to getting into the retriever games with my hunting buddy and meeting some of you folks in the process.
Cheers, Bret

See less See more
#9 ·
Welcome Bret & Ranger, we are almost neighbors.
Lots of nice land and water in your area for training.

Just curious, how old is Ranger and which pro is he with?
We train in Grantville almost every weekend, you are welcome to join us anytime.
Feel free to contact me if ur interested.

Good Luck,
Gregg

#10 ·
Thanks for the invitation Gregg, we may join you when Ranger is ready. He will be 7 mo. old on the 22nd and has been with the pro for almost a month. I would rather not say who he is with with right now until the results are in.

Do we know each other, Do you have a Ranger also?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.