RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Pat Burns & Wayne Curtis - Retriever Training Seminar, Mondovi Wi - July 5 - 7

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  DoubleHaul 
#1 ·
What a knowledgable & fun time we had the last 3 days. Others can voice their opinion, but I really enjoyed hearing the different way the two thought and gave a great insight on how training a dog is an art not a science. Thank you Wayne and Pat for taking away from the 4th of July weekend. Also thank you Lance Hughey how put a lot of hours putting this together. I found out that he spent 2 years getting this together. It was well worth it. Hopefully we'll see more of this.

Thanks,

#3 ·
It was a great time and a great seminar. We know Pat well but had never met Wayne. It was particularly interesting that they had never trained together and sometimes had different approaches but as they explained their thinking, it always seemed not to be too different. It really helped us think about training. All the folks were great, especially the Blackhawk folks who even though they must have been exhausted from the NARC did a great job and were excellent hosts. The grounds were spectacular and the discussion on warmup, cooldown, stretching and supplements by Dr. J., was excellent as well.

It was definitely worth the trip and we can't wait to get back up. The only downside is that I think we became addicted to cheese curds and they are not common down here :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.