The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Answer from AKC on votes to eliminate layout blinds.

Quote Originally Posted by JTS View Post
    Yes this is how they are used in AKC hunt tests (on the line) not to hide gunners/throwers in the field. Yet there use on the line is minimal as people complain about it anyway.............
    Can you imagine a Pro HT trainer with 20 dogs having to get in and out of it all day? Not to mention the majority of the crowd is getting up there in age. I don't see many youthful faces at HT's running at a level where a LOB could be used on the line.

I'd like to see some more comments by members of Clubs that received the ballot of this proposal and that have knowledge if their club in fact voted. If so then how did their club vote.

Puget Sound Retriever Club voted against the proposition to eliminate the use of lay out blinds. HPW
    "Sometimes we just gotta do what is right". Jerry 2006

See ya in the field. HPW http://www.sagaciouskennel.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    Hey at this point I'd just like to see a judge that has titled a dog at the level they are judging, both in HT and FT's. There are so many people out there looking for the "glory" of being a judge that they fulfill the requirement to run once at that level and then can't wait for someone to hand them a clip board. If I hear one more judge ask the question "Why do you think all the dogs are doing that?" I'm gonna quit stealing bubba's beer and go straight to his whiskey

/Paul
    I agree 100%. I absolutely hate running a test under a "judge" who has NEVER even titled a dog at the level they are judging! One would think that would be a requirement. I would much rather prefer running under a judge who is also a dog trainer and dog handler who has obtained titles at the level that they are judging.

Lonnie Spann
    DISCLAIMER: The above post is the opinionated and biased view of your's truly, Lonnie Spann, and is in no way intended to reflect the opinions or views of the unfortunate individuals named below who just happen to be doomed with guilt by association.

Member of CAHRC and North AL HRC. I train with AND AM FRIENDS WITH: Fishduck, Laidback, Splash_Em, RF2, Drake2014, Claimsadj, Hooked on Quackers, RookieTrainer and Roseberry.

HRCH Spann's Quacker Jack "Jack" 500 Pt. Club (New & IMPROVED jacket).

Quote Originally Posted by HarryWilliams View Post
    I'd like to see some more comments by members of Clubs that received the ballot of this proposal and that have knowledge if their club in fact voted. If so then how did their club vote.

Puget Sound Retriever Club voted against the proposition to eliminate the use of lay out blinds. HPW
    Ditto North Texas Retriever Club

Quote Originally Posted by harrywilliams View Post
    i'd like to see some more comments by members of clubs that received the ballot of this proposal and that have knowledge if their club in fact voted. If so then how did their club vote.

Puget sound retriever club voted against the proposition to eliminate the use of lay out blinds. Hpw

yes, likewise -

And I would like to know who actually voted & turned in voting club votes ... was it a real vote of
    ALL the club members, members who understand & are active, or was the "vote" decided by
    key members not everyone" ...

Bill Connor
    Last edited by canuckkiller; 07-10-2013 at 01:36 PM.

When club votes become secret that's when I wonder about why rumors of initiations and increases of sheep disappearances occur about the same time.

Judged a master once.put a layout blin n a mutt hut at the line about 4 ft apart.co judge n i never said a word.everyone was fearin the worst.ran test dog never said a word.finally one handler spoke up n asked if they had to lay in the blind n the dog had to be in the hut.we looked at him and said" no u just have to stand between them.thats the line....just there for aesthetics.u should have heard all the sighs of relief!it was a fun test to run with all the dressing.once pulled a 17good ft duck boat to a test boat blind n all.dog ramp everything.they all thought they would have to run out of it.just brought it along to shoot the flyer out of.sure was fun
    Just frikin do it!

Have run fts with and without.if used with common sense in mind, great tool when needed.hunt tests different story.got folks of all ages involved.realism is fun but not at the cost of someone getting hurt,or unfairly handicapped by the use o hunting tools and equipment
    Just frikin do it!