The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Hrc questions

Default Hrc questions

I have always ran akc events so I know little about yalls game. I have a particular young female that I believe would benefit from running finished tests this fall rather than master. My question is are y'all still signing up through hunt secretary.com? The reason i ask is because it doesn't look like many tests are available. I know that ones in my area may not be finalized yet. But if you get on entry express there are tons of akc tests happening up north right now. The list just seemed short to me and wanted to make sure I was looking in the right spot. Thanks in advance

The complete list is here http://huntingretrieverclub.org/entr...est_hunt.shtml but you can find entries on entry express as well as hunt secretary. Check the individual premiums from the HRC website to find if they are using an online entry service.
    HRCH Wind River's Frisky Whisky SH WCX - Thanx for the memories my friend
    HRCH UH Red Devil's Risky Rascal WCX
    HR Red Devil's Wild Wind River
    SHR Red Devil's Ready Freddie
    SHR Red Devil's Lambeau Leap
    SHR YRP Grand Chien's Chase the Sunset

"Force fetch isn't about retrieving as much as it is conditioning a dog to handle pressure, in a very controlled environment. It's about putting a dog in the position of having to figure out how to turn off pressure by finding the correct response. This translates into numerous areas in training." Sharon Potter.

See that Red D beat me to it.
    "Force fetch isn't about retrieving as much as it is conditioning a dog to handle pressure, in a very controlled environment. It's about putting a dog in the position of having to figure out how to turn off pressure by finding the correct response. This translates into numerous areas in training." Sharon Potter.

Thanks guys. So not every club uses a online entry? So we get to dodge the $5 "processing" fee? Nice!

Do you have to be a member of hrc to handle a dog at their event? I saw on the entry form where it asked for the handlers hrc membership #

Quote Originally Posted by jbell554 View Post
    Do you have to be a member of hrc to handle a dog at their event? I saw on the entry form where it asked for the handlers hrc membership #
    no you do not have to be an HRC member but if you are it will save $5 for each test and if you dog is not registered with the UKC then add $3 for each test.

Ok. I assume it's worth the membership then. Thanks for the help guys.