The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Most memorable FT moments - Good and Bad

Default Most memorable FT moments - Good and Bad

There was a thread a few months ago where Earl Dillow and Bill Davis were trading war stories from their field trial days in the 80s/90s. Their stories were bitter sweet in the fact that they had to sacrifice a lot to get where they wanted in the game.

I'd like to hear some more stories from some of the more experienced folks on here in the FT game. Good or bad. Happy or sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cut em Shelby View Post
    There was a thread a few months ago where Earl Dillow and Bill Davis were trading war stories from their field trial days in the 80s/90s. Their stories were bitter sweet in the fact that they had to sacrifice a lot to get where they wanted in the game.

I'd like to hear some more stories from some of the more experienced folks on here in the FT game. Good or bad. Happy or sad.
    Wasn't that a song?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Wasn't that a song?
    You have some wonderful stories. I enjoy listening to you talk dogs Bill.

Ok everyone tells the " I got screwed" stuff. Here is a "gift one". Amateur all age, water blind, dog disappears in the tules, can't see dog for at least a minute or two, look at judges eyes closed dozing? She comes out with bird one judge says she got it. Go back to my truck, start to pull out to go home. Surely I am out with the disappearing act. Marshall hollers come back Earl you are back. She runs the water marks, pounds them and wins the trial. At least one of the sleeping judges is deceased. Hmm I guess this one erases some aw s--ts you just never know!
    Last edited by Criquetpas; 07-10-2013 at 02:57 PM.
    Earl Dillow

That's a good one Earl!
    John Baitinger

OK.. Good one Earl... So it's your fault I got a JAM that day!

I have a good one that will take a while to tell... Don't have the time right now... Some of the older Alaska guys may remember the incident... I was young and dumb back then and I'm still a little ashamed of what I did. (However I did get 1 Open Point out of it).

Howard, don't give it away if you remember what I'm talking about...

I'll be back later
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    OK.. Good one Earl... So it's your fault I got a JAM that day!

I have a good one that will take a while to tell... Don't have the time right now... Some of the older Alaska guys may remember the incident... I was young and dumb back then and I'm still a little ashamed of what I did. (However I did get 1 Open Point out of it).

Howard, don't give it away if you remember what I'm talking about...

I'll be back later
    What's with you Bill, retired and always gotta leave to do what???????????????
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    What's with you Bill, retired and always gotta leave to do what???????????????
    Potty break.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

One of my favorite memories was ole Jones. Am, really tight triple, close, with 500 yd long retired 4th bird, over the top of the flyer. That bird was thrown down a dike, to land right at the edge of a big lake. Proper line, just shave a corner..
    There was nothing but water, to the left of that bird. As far as you could see.

Well, ole Jones got 3, then went left for the long retired... Got to the edge of the lake. Stopped and gazed out. You could just see him thinking, wow, that's a big swim. He then decided, gotta do it. Huge, leaping water entry, into...nowhere.
    I am cracking up..Dick just had the gun come out, help him get the bird.
    To this day, wonder just where he thought he was going..
    Charlotte Kaiser: " The Problem Lies In The Talent."

Quote Originally Posted by cakaiser View Post
    One of my favorite memories was ole Jones. Am, really tight triple, close, with 500 yd long retired 4th bird, over the top of the flyer. That bird was thrown down a dike, to land right at the edge of a big lake. Proper line, just shave a corner..
    There was nothing but water, to the left of that bird. As far as you could see.

Well, ole Jones got 3, then went left for the long retired... Got to the edge of the lake. Stopped and gazed out. You could just see him thinking, wow, that's a big swim. He then decided, gotta do it. Huge, leaping water entry, into...nowhere.
    I am cracking up..Dick just had the gun come out, help him get the bird.
    To this day, wonder just where he thought he was going..
    You started this Charlotte, tell us about Ole Jones. How many pts, any DH's, Nat Q??????????
    Thanks!!
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts