The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Most memorable FT moments - Good and Bad

Quote Originally Posted by RF2 View Post
    So...now that you have provided Bill with career advice...what is your best field trial moment?

Mine was this past spring...when we made it to the water blind in our first AA event. Got big plans in the fall in addition to some new young bullets.
    Hey Allen, I remember a good one on you. First time I ever met you. Bee sting?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Hey Allen, I remember a good one on you. First time I ever met you. Bee sting?
    Yeah...that only cost me an overnight at the Rhea County ER. You probably don't remember the double D/Q in OK where we switched on the go bird and had a 12 hour drive home without picking up a damn bird...
    Allen Dillard

HRCH Play It Again, Sam MH *** "Sam"
    Scout's High Calibre "Colt"
    Slippin' Up the Holler "Dooley"
    Lucky Number Seven VII "Layla"

Field Trial in mountains

Bird boy and girl in holding blind. Boy calls on radio and says he needs to see a doctor. When asked why he says "I have bee sting"
    When asked where .... well I leave that for you to ponder
    Competition does not build character - It reveals it.

Home of:
    FC/AFC Freeridin Wowie Zowie (2003 NARC Finalist)
    FC/AFC Sky Hy Husker Power
    FC/AFC Freeridin Smooth Operator
    FC/AFC Freeridin Vampire Slayer (2007 NARC Finalist)
    AFC Freeridin Maserati (Double Header Winner)

www.freeridinretrievers.com

Yeah...that only cost me an overnight at the Rhea County ER. You probably don't remember the double D/Q in OK where we switched on the go bird and had a 12 hour drive home without picking up a damn bird...
    No... But I've done that kind of stuff so many times if I had a dollar for every time I went out in the first series... I could buy a new dog truck... Or at least a new dog!
    Bill Davis

You were handling Ammo right behind us...we waited to watch her run before we started to haul our azz back home. I'm pretty sure y'all finished.
    Allen Dillard

HRCH Play It Again, Sam MH *** "Sam"
    Scout's High Calibre "Colt"
    Slippin' Up the Holler "Dooley"
    Lucky Number Seven VII "Layla"

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Shih View Post
    Field Trial in mountains

Bird boy and girl in holding blind. Boy calls on radio and says he needs to see a doctor. When asked why he says "I have bee sting"
    When asked where .... well I leave that for you to ponder
    Oh that's a good one Ted and brings back a memory!

In Alaska back in the late 80's we had a teenage girl that was working as a bird thrower, blind planter etc... One trial for some reason she and a teenage boy were planting the blind together... You know where this is going...

The first 10 dogs or so went along fine... Then all of a sudden the judge yells "plant the blind". (Before we used radios)... Nothing... "plant the blind"... Nothing... "plant the blind"... Nothing. Hmmm... Marshal walks out there to see what's going on, the two teenagers are steaming up the holding blind "playing house". Ahem...
    Bill Davis

You were handling Ammo right behind us...we waited to watch her run before we started to haul our azz back home. I'm pretty sure y'all finished.
    I had almost forgotten about that. She got all the birds down there, but we were not in synch. She is so tuned in to Bill P. that it was foreign to her working for a different handler. Fun time though, met some great folks...
    Bill Davis

After Clint's long hiatus away from the game he decided to show up at a trial where his long lost buddy Lanse Brown just happens to be, as he approaches the gallery a loud bellowing voice yells out " hey Mallari are you still sleeping with doctors wives?"

Of course the crowd is silent and all Clint can say to Lanse is " I would like you to meet my wife MaryKent" took a few minutes to straighten that uncomfortable situation out. It's all good now
    Last edited by BonMallari; 07-12-2013 at 09:27 AM. Reason: spelling
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Everyone has wonderful stories to share, thank you all for sharing they are a joy to read. Mine, several come to mind first few while judging. Have had the honor of judging while 2 folks have won double headers, both of them were ladies, 6 or 7 aa judging assignments and 2 double header winners, very cool! Had the honor of judging a very nice young man handling a very good yellow dog as a junior handler in a derby, very cool! Call me a big teddy bear but when handlers have tears of joy in their eyes when their dog does good still gets me, very cool!

As far as for me on the line was the last series at Cajun Riveria in my 4th or 5th AA stake second time with Pepper and he did very well in the last series even though I pointed him the wrong way on the last bird, he bailed me out and we placed 3rd! Then another is with the big yella Fred at Topeka did very well on the last series and we placed second! Was very proud of that big boy!!

Great memories Regards!

Aaron
    AFC Iron Lines Sergeant Pepper "Pepper"
    FC FTCH Westwood's Sunday Silence "Buck"
    Sweet Swingin' Fred MH ***

www.southforkkennelsllc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Homburg View Post
    Everyone has wonderful stories to share, thank you all for sharing they are a joy to read. Mine, several come to mind first few while judging. Have had the honor of judging while 2 folks have won double headers, both of them were ladies, 6 or 7 aa judging assignments and 2 double header winners, very cool! Had the honor of judging a very nice young man handling a very good yellow dog as a junior handler in a derby, very cool! Call me a big teddy bear but when handlers have tears of joy in their eyes when their dog does good still gets me, very cool!

As far as for me on the line was the last series at Cajun Riveria in my 4th or 5th AA stake second time with Pepper and he did very well in the last series even though I pointed him the wrong way on the last bird, he bailed me out and we placed 3rd! Then another is with the big yella Fred at Topeka did very well on the last series and we placed second! Was very proud of that big boy!!

Great memories Regards!

Aaron
    Aaron, you are definitely one of the good guys!
    Bill Davis