The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Retriever Hall of Fame Nomination Recomendation

Default Retriever Hall of Fame Nomination Recomendation

I am requesting your consideration of Raymond Goodrich as being a person deserving nomination to the Retriever Hall of Fame. Having received my June Issue of the Retriever News that includes the announcement of the 2013 nomination process it occurred to me that I consider Ray to be the person most deserving to be included in the hall of fame in my area. I know that there are many others also deserving whom others are aware of. So, I am calling your attention of Rays many contributions to our sport for your comparison with other worthy individuals and your consideration toward nominating Ray.

Ray Goodrich in the last fifty (50) years has had several Labrador Retrievers, many of which have won and/or placed in Opens and Amateurs and there were four (4) that become titled including FC-NAFC Ray’s Rascal, 1975 NAFC, 1973 & 1975 High Point Open Dog, 5 time Double Header Winner and 1969 High Point Derby Champion. Rascal earned 342 All Age Points which is the 12th all-time highest.

Ray also owned, trained and handled FC–AFC Carmoney Brigadier, Double Header Winner, 192 all Age Points. Rascal and Briggie often won trials that kept each other from wining additional Double Headers. Both dogs have been inducted into the Retriever Hall of Fame. Ray also owned FC–AFC Rascals Double Trouble and FC–AFC Goodrich’s Smokey Bear.

Ray obtained his first dog as a puppy in 1963 that went on to become FC-AFC Goodrich’s Smokey Bear. The dog won 8 Derby Stakes, earned 53 Derby points and died at the age of three due to complications brought on by a fox tail. Since that time Ray has been continually involved in our sport as a Competitor that trains and handles his own dogs. He is a respected judge who has judged 42 Major Stakes including two National Championships, the 1977 NARC Championship and the 1985 NRC Championship. Ray has also served the National Retriever Club in a number of ways, as Chairman of the 1979 Championship, as a Director, as President in 1983 and as a property owner that has hosted several Nationals.

In the 1980’s Ray & Dede Goodrich and Joe & Marilyn Boatright purchased a ranch near Oakdale, California, constructed ponds and fields appropriate for Retriever Training and field trials and made it available for Training and Retriever Events. Joe was Chairman of the 1995 NRC Championship Stake and passed away in 1998 the year prior to when he was to serve as the Club’s President.

The Goodrichs and Boatrights have allowed the Northern California Retriever Club to hold their Fall Field Trial on the Goodrich/Boatright Ranch since 1997. Other clubs such as the Labrador Retriever Club, Inc. and the Southern California Retriever Club have also occasionally held trials, training seminars and other special events on the excellent ground and always at no cost.

Starting in 1991, five of the last six West Coast National Retriever Club’s Championship Stakes have been held on the Ranch and the 2015 Championship Stake is also scheduled to be held there. Who else do you know who has provided the generosity and commitment to our sport to host six National Retriever Championships? Ray is 93 years old, is in good health and continues to train and handle his own dogs. Ray Goodrich is highly qualified to be nominated to be inducted into the Retriever Hall of Fame and I appreciate your consideration toward nominating him.

The Nomination Ballot allow for two persons (living or deceased) and two dogs (deceased) to be nominated and the process has an August 6, 2013 deadline for submittals. As part of the nomination process names of individuals and dogs must be accompanied by your justification and not just reprints of other recommendations.

If you have other persons or dogs that you recommend to be nominated, please suggest them and I will certainly consider them to be included on my ballot.
    Please contact me if you need additional information or wish to discuss it.
    I appreciate your consideration,

Bill
    Last edited by Reveille; 07-13-2013 at 02:01 PM.

Yes I agree Mr. Goodrich and for the other side of the ticket may I suggest Mary Howley