The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: silver thera-bands

Default silver thera-bands

I ordered some new sliver thera-band and found the product is not the same as it has been and here is the answer i got
    Good morning....

In regards to our exercise tubing... yes, back in 2011, a change was made to all the exercise tubing and exercise bands.

We had made all of our bands and tubing so that they were now consistant in pull strengths when changing from color to color.

The silver tubing went from: .2 x .45 x .125 TO .2 x .4 x .1

Candee Deem
    Customer Service Representative
    The Hygenic Corporation
    1245 Home Ave
    Akron, Ohio 44310

Toll Free: 800-321-2135 ext 437
    Fax: 800-532-9228
    Email: cdeem@hygenic.com

Have you changed the diameter of the silver thera-band ?
    I just received some and it is 3/8 inch outside diameter and the old is 7/16 inch diameter

David Jansma
    The time you spend on earth with your dog is precious; enjoy it to your fullest

I am dumb as a stone when it comes to numbers. I also use the silver theraband on my wingers but haven't had to order it in quite a while. Does your post re the size change mean it doesn't work as well?
    Randall

HRCH Truline's Cleopatra MH (Cleo)

Prime Time Rising Star MH ***(Emmy)
    Wyco's Lena-Linda con Besos SH (Lena)
    HRCH Surry's Smoking Gun SH (Sage) RIP

Licking Run's Blackberry Jam MH (Berry) RIP

I will say this the new is a lot easier to pull down to load the winger and the diameter seems about the same as the original black that came with the wingers
    as for throws not quite as far I have three sogs and that's what I have noticed
    David Jansma
    The time you spend on earth with your dog is precious; enjoy it to your fullest

just cut the bands a little shorter to get a longer throw

Quote Originally Posted by Quackwacker View Post
    just cut the bands a little shorter to get a longer throw
    That's exactly what I would suggest, take 2 inches off the length. When I had SOG I always would cut them to where I could barely get it loaded without unhooking the bands. The bands will wear out a little faster due to the force they slam into the pulleys but you can get a really good throw from a small winger.

yes its no where near as good as the older thicker walled silver bands. i cut mine short last go around but they havent lasted half as long and im due to change it now.

Quote Originally Posted by BlaineT View Post
    yes its no where near as good as the older thicker walled silver bands. i cut mine short last go around but they havent lasted half as long and im due to change it now.
    get some extra zip ties!

I bought a bulk box of Silver Theraband last year, I was super impressed with it. I bought two used wingers just like mine with "old school" silver and wow, what a difference. It is noticeably heavier with a bigger throw. . That said, the new size silver still kicks the pants off the original black bands the wingers come with and at a much better price.
    "That's a fine dog you got there son. Looks like one of ya'll got the brains and the other one got the driver's license.".

Now I find this thread. I just received a box of 25 feet to re do my 2 Mini Zingers, very obviously not as thick as wall as the "heavy" bands from ZW. Not sure whether to try then or sell them to someone with a full size winger that does not need the thick wall band.
    Nate Baxter, DVM
    Lebanon, OH

Quote Originally Posted by NateB View Post
    Now I find this thread. I just received a box of 25 feet to re do my 2 Mini Zingers, very obviously not as thick as wall as the "heavy" bands from ZW. Not sure whether to try then or sell them to someone with a full size winger that does not need the thick wall band.
    Or, send them back to the retailer. Tell them why you are dissatisfied with their inferior product.
    HRCH TilHe CallsUsHome ~ Tilly