The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: New to RTF and training in general...central AR

Default New to RTF and training in general...central AR

Hello all. I am new to the forum and new to training in general as the thread title states. I am looking for some people to train with in the central AR area. I don't know anyone with labs, or duck dogs of any breed for that matter, so I am kind of on my own for now. Would like to train with some people who know what they are doing to they can help shape up some of my sloppiness. I know the heat has probably got some people cut back right now but the early mornings and late evenings aren't bad. So if anyone is training right now and don't mind another dog and person, I'd be glad to join in.

Welcome to Arkansas and RTF. Pin Oak HRC will be having our monthly training day this weekend at Pepper's Pond Saturday at 7:00 a.m. Some of us will be meeting on Sunday at 7:00 a.m. as well. You are more than welcome to come join us and train. We'll have dogs of all training levels there and some very good trainers and handlers.

Pepper's Pond is the public dog training grounds and technical training pond at Camp Robinson WMA at Mayflower, Ar. From Little Rock, take I-40 West to Mayflower exit. Then east about three miles, pond is on the north side of road, well-marked.

Hope to see you there.
    "Appears to have been a glitch or two." Sheriff Ed Tom Bell

Thanks for the invite Paul. I will definitely try to make it down there Saturday. I was down there a month or so ago to watch a Super Retriever Series.

Wow Southpaw, you're lucky to get such a quick response and to have a group close by Welcome, I'm another who lurks here trying to learn, my puppy is 5 months old and we're working hard on obedience right now. Hope you enjoy reading some of these threads as much as I do - it's a great forum.

Quote Originally Posted by nolefan View Post
    Wow Southpaw, you're lucky to get such a quick response and to have a group close by Welcome, I'm another who lurks here trying to learn, my puppy is 5 months old and we're working hard on obedience right now. Hope you enjoy reading some of these threads as much as I do - it's a great forum.
    What are you doing in the land of the Gamecocks with a handle like nolefan? Unless you are in the upstate with those kitty cats...
    Bill Davis