The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tx trainers

Default Tx trainers

All right texas guys or gals. I'm picking up my dog this weekend out of FC AFC Trumarc's Hollandaise x Tioga's Pipe Dream Smoothie MH
    Im new to the field trial and hunt test thing. Looking to run my dog in field test.. I'm looking for a trainer I'm looking for a trainer that is honest and gonna shoot me straight and tell the dogs potential...

Please tell me some trainers in texas that y'all have used

FT (Field Trial.) or HT (Hunt Test.)???? No such thing as a field test.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuttem' View Post
    All right texas guys or gals. I'm picking up my dog this weekend out of FC AFC Trumarc's Hollandaise x Tioga's Pipe Dream Smoothie MH
    Im new to the field trial and hunt test thing. Looking to run my dog in field test.. I'm looking for a trainer I'm looking for a trainer that is honest and gonna shoot me straight and tell the dogs potential...

Where are you located in East Texas? My kennel is in Longview. We are full right now at both locations but feel free to bring your pup out any time and if you don't like what you see here then we can surely get you pointed in the right direction. www.maximumintensityretrievers.com
    Last edited by Tony Marshall; 07-12-2013 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuttem' View Post

Another option would be to contact Angie Becker who is the breeder of this dog. www.tiogaretrievers.com

Field trials you have your pick if you can get a spot. Tim Milligan, Danny Farmer, Dave rorem, Mark Edwards, Kenny Trott (winters here) Rob Erhard. I am sure I have left some off the list.
    Decide on which venue you want to participate in, then contact potential trainers and go visit. Talk to clients and attend events this fall. Most of all have FUN with your pup.
    'I make my practices real hard because if a player is a quitter, I want him to quit in practice, not in a game.' - Bear Bryant / Alabama

Sounds like your looking for a young dog trainer. Check out Clint Avant with Vision retrievers. Works hard and dogs have awesome attitude. Pretty solid track record to boot!!!

Where are you in East Texas? Also, good trainers aren't cheap. I'd avoid any "discount" type trainers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Marshall View Post
    Another option would be to contact Angie Becker who is the breeder of this dog. www.tiogaretrievers.com
    Tony beat me to it... if you trust a person as the breeder ,and theyve had success, Im assuming put the MH on the dam, why not go to the source?
    HOME OF:
    Waterspook Sables Dark Secret, MH (Sable)
    Trumarcs Bankshot Bandit, MH ( Fats)
    Waterspook Tomfoolery, SH ( Tommie)
    IN MEMORY OF::
    Waterspook Bankshot Whiz Bang,JH (Jesse)
    Waterspooks Girl Named Bill, SH ( Billie- my princess.....)
    Waterspook Kickin' Gunshot, SH ( Boom)
    Waterspook Kickin' Good Time MH(Kick)
    Waterspooks Partner In Crime, SH ( Bouncer)
    Brush Creek Waterspook, JH, WC- my first girl.(Spooky)

Ive always liked watching Rody best dogs run and been to one of his seminars and train with a couple dogs he has trained. bestretrievers.com ,I think

If you're looking for a HT trainer, you should consider JC Strange at Cripple Creek Retrievers in Decatur, TX. www.cripplecreekretrievers.com