The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tx trainers

Adam Casto near Bryan/College Station

Contact the guys at Rose Country Retriever Club. http://rosecountryrc.org/index.php?q=node/1

They have members who have been successful in HT's & FT's.

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    Knew I was forgetting some
    'I make my practices real hard because if a player is a quitter, I want him to quit in practice, not in a game.' - Bear Bryant / Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    I would second this.
    -=#David

Well, this started off as a really interesting thread. Too bad we couldn't keep it that way. (Rick_C 2009, Classic RTF)
    __________________________________________________ _
    Take what you get and thank them (the Judges) afterwards no matter what the outcome. (Moira Sheehan)

I'd like to add another suggestion to the list: Clayton Taylor recently went out on his own after working for Karl Gunzer and Rody Best. Clayton and his fiance Laura are both wonderful people I've known for several years. Hard working, friendly and definitely someone who will spend time with you to teach you how to handle your dog if you want to run him on your own. Clayton is in Anderson which is in the Bryan/College Station area.

Clayton is running both hunt tests and field trials so he'll be able to introduce you to whatever you're interested in. His business is Muddy Paws Retrievers: www.MuddyPawsRetrievers.com.

Hard working team they have...you should give him a buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Marshall View Post
    Another option would be to contact Angie Becker who is the breeder of this dog. www.tiogaretrievers.com
    She didn't do the breeding
    But she was very involved in putting the MH on her.

Quote Originally Posted by jpbois View Post
    She didn't do the breeding
    But she was very involved in putting the MH on her.
    I stand corrected John. Didn't mean to take anything from anyone. I have seen the dog run and knew that she had come out of her stock. Just saying that she's good people and had a hand in training or running the Dam so she may be a good resource in training her offspring.

I would put in a good word for Clayton Taylor as well. He is young, but he works hard and has a good philosophy of teaching dogs, not just frying them with the collar. Hunted and trained with him. Good guy.
    "When a man is proud of his dog and shows it, I like him. When his dog is proud of him and shows it, I deeply respect him. Gene Hill

Rochester, MN Bob & Ann Heise HiRollerLabs.com

Field trial trainers for young dogs--Warrensburg, MO summer/Warda, TX winter--Bobby and Sue George for transitional dogs, Isaac Langerud Forest City,IA summer/Caldwell, TX winter for young/transitional dogs, Bruce Curtis Gilmanton, WI summer/north of Warda, TX winter for young dogs. Hunting test trainers--Angie Becker, Michigan in summer and Denton TX area in winter. Try to choose a pro who lives near enough so you can drive there often and watch training. You will learn so much by watching, and you can learn to handle your dog. And, most importantly, you can ensure your dog is being properly treated and given good care. We've been burned, so make sure you can check in on your dog/trainer.
    Bob/Ann Heise
    "Show up. Dominate. Go home." Dan Gable

"There is no such thing as perfection. There is always a higher level." Dan Gable

"Look at pressure as an opportunity." Tom Brands

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 2010

I don't believe in allowing wine to breathe. I prefer mouth-to-wine resuscitation.

Give Clayton Taylor a call at muddypawsretrievers.com, he has worked for Rody Best and Carl Gunzar in the past and just went out on his own. He will shoot you straight and is a very hard worker.