The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tx trainers

I took my pup to Matt Larkin when I was having trouble with training and I happened to be in Houston for the summer. He gave me great advice and was very direct and honest which was much appreciated. He helped not only my pup out but myself as a trainer as well. I plan on going back to them.

http://www.crosscreekkennel.com/

One more good place would be Revitt Up Retrievers with Dawni and Brandon Bromley. Very honest people with great work ethic.

Revittupretrievers.com
    Jason Ottinger
    Stonebrook Retrievers
    www.StonebrookRetrievers.com

Good thread and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Ottinger View Post
    One more good place would be Revitt Up Retrievers with Dawni and Brandon Bromley. Very honest people with great work ethic.

Revittupretrievers.com

Totally agree with this statement and they live and train on some of the best ground in the country.

Adam has not been training for a few months now, new non dog career
    DLM

" Paddle faster, I hear Banjos!"

For field trial trainers I would highly recommend Clayton Taylor at Muddy Paws retrievers as well. Clayton is one of the rare individuals who has literally questioned and tweaked every aspect of his training program to fit the individual dog and his proven record of taking what others have considered washouts to the line and winning speaks for itself. Through Clayton's guidance I was able to take a young ultra sensitive dog who was plodding on blinds and turn him into a banshee blind runner. Most importantly for Clayton and Laura you cant help but feel the love; the love they have for each individual dog each and the trial game comes off these two in waves. Everyone in this game wants to win and Clayton is winning and will continue to do so. If you haven't been watching you should start because this summers going to be a big one for the Taylors!

If you interested in hunt tests look no further than Chris Krause at Hendricks Kennel. Chris Krause has revitalized hunt test training at Hendricks kennel under the watchful eye of Steve Hendricks who has been training Master Hunter level dogs for over 28 years. Steve's immense experience (approaching 8-9000 dogs through his door or something ridiculous like that) and finesse combined with Chris Krause's incredible drive, determination, and open mind will undoubtedly be a partnership for the ages. They're good old boy attitude will make you feel right at home and their discussion of dog psychology will blow your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Garduck View Post
    For field trial trainers I would highly recommend Clayton Taylor at Muddy Paws retrievers as well. Clayton is one of the rare individuals who has literally questioned and tweaked every aspect of his training program to fit the individual dog and his proven record of taking what others have considered washouts to the line and winning speaks for itself. Through Clayton's guidance I was able to take a young ultra sensitive dog who was plodding on blinds and turn him into a banshee blind runner. Most importantly for Clayton and Laura you cant help but feel the love; the love they have for each individual dog each and the trial game comes off these two in waves. Everyone in this game wants to win and Clayton is winning and will continue to do so. If you haven't been watching you should start because this summers going to be a big one for the Taylors!
    No knock on him at all but I could not find one Field Trial where he has taken a dog to the line much less win. I was curious since I did not recognize his name.

Quote Originally Posted by rboudet View Post
    No knock on him at all but I could not find one Field Trial where he has taken a dog to the line much less win. I was curious since I did not recognize his name.
    He has a truck full of young dogs and is running the derby plus qualifying. He has a chocolate dog that has won 3 straight derbies and has 35 points along with a couple dogs that are QAA that he is training to run AA. There are a couple more that will be breaking onto the field trial scene soon.

Click on the link and scroll down to bottom and look at derby handler standings...this is last weeks email so it only says he won 2 in a row. He won this past weekend as well.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact....5-d4ae529cddd3
    Last edited by dwhite; 06-03-2014 at 08:36 AM.

A trip to retriever results show him and his dog as the highlight of the week and if you scroll down you will see that he is the top derby professional this year and owns the top derby kennel. He also handled open dogs daily for the many years he worked under Karl Gunzer's tutelage.

Current Retriever Results top derby kennels: http://www.retrieverresults.com/rr/Rank/Rank?RT=KD

Muddy Paws is #1, currently, although it is early.