RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Recheck of OFA?

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  kpolley 
#1 ·
Have a pup that came up lame when she was little over a year old. Sent prelims off and OFA showed moderate hip dysplasia. She's now 27 months and has been doing great and training well. No lameness issues. Should I recheck OFA before I spade her to be certain or just a waste of time? Thanks

#6 ·
OTOH, it wont hurt to rexray . One, then you know the status of them at this age, and two, yes, possibly a different technique or positioning,etc, may make a difference in what OFA sees. If she was dysplastic truly-she still is- but again, it wont hurt to know where shes at.

#9 ·
Make sure you use a vet that does a lot of these x-rays for other breeders and competition dogs. If they can send them digitally all the better because then you will not have to worry about the Film being fresh.

#10 ·
X2 on making sure the vet is familiar with getting good X-rays for OFA. Had a friend that had a dog come back mildly dysplastic, he found a vet that regularly did OZA x rays and got a good. Other things to consider besides experience is whether or not dog is sedated. Sedated equals good positioning but relaxed, vs. challenged to get a good position but joints are in a more natural, tight position(sorry, I'm sure their is a more technical term)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.