The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Treasure State

Senior Member Moosetogooseranch's Avatar

Thanks Glenn!! PM sent.

Bill & Micki
    Psalm 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heard View Post
    Derby results:
    1st: Delta - Larry Calvert
    2nd: JJ - Jim McBee
    3rd: Hook - Mark Henry
    4th: Lucy - Mark Henry
    RJ: Windy - Mike Heard
    Jams: numerous
    Congrats Larry and Ann and all the finishers!!!!!!!

Bill & Micki

Thanks Kim. Frank has really grown up this year and we feel he has a bright all age future. John

Default Treasure State

1st of all Micki/Bill/Ammo You have the dog, you have the full support and backing of your family, BUT without your diligent study of the dog and it's responses, without the mentoring of Dave and some others, without the sacrifice- sleep,money, time,driving and ONLY because you have NOT tried to win the National at age 3, but may well win the 2014 or 2015. It was fun to see you sweating Rosa in the Am- as I said she is 7and you are 4 and you will have many future DHs but not today. Well both of us were almost perfect going into the H2O blind and when it was over neither of us were back. The present as you know I have severe anemia and malnutrition(125 lbs). I train everyday even if it's only drills and teaching concepts with dead birds BUT now as I told you I have the motivation to resume where I left off with Don Berard and Ritz- he prevailed but I was always on his tail and sometimes things were reversed. What a GREAT dog, wonderful man&wife and now you/Micki/Ammo have filled in- a dedicated amateur who works at every trial and trains his own dog and because God gave Ammo what she has naturally and you have been smart enough not to try and change it. Now you have reignited a spark that I always had when going against Roy McFall, Peter Lane, Don Berard, Ray Goodrich and Charlie Hill. They all had 1 or 2 very good self trained dogs and they were tough. Today when an amateur has 6-10 high dollar dogs and runs the amateur it is not much fun and usually that person causes us to wait while they either sand bag or claim to be at another stake. That situation causes the time management to be thrown askew and as 31 of us wait for her(or in some cases him) we all have the same feelings yet for fear of not being popular they all grumble under their breath. The health of the sport is what I care about and to be "popular" is not my concern. Now you, Lee Jolley, Bobby Lane have made my life more fun- thank you all. Bill you are helping me to forget about the health problems for a period of time(until I go out) because I am always trying to at least tie Ammo. The future is ours and I am fortunate to have you as a friend. See you at PRTA friday, unless you scratch because Nora and Rosa are appearing. Your friend and admirer- Lanse

Great post Lanse! You are a true sportsman!
    Bill Davis

Lanse, Congratulations again on the WIN! We will thank the Lord when we win and we will thank the Lord when we lose. You work hard and have had so many great dogs. The camaraderie that we share is unique. Thank you for all the good times!! You are an icon and a mentor too many, including us. Thanks for the dance!!! Bill

Bill & Micki

Quote Originally Posted by Rockin' K Retrievers View Post
    Thanks Kim. Frank has really grown up this year and we feel he has a bright all age future. John
    Nice job John and Congrats and also thanks for handling Streak to his Qualifying 3rd as well. Happy, happy, happy.

Congrats to you two, Bill and Ammo, on your FC title! Will send photos and update FR soon!

Congrats to you Lanse on the Am win! Tough AM and so glad you did well!

Good to see you both. It was fun!