The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Obamacare ... the legal stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2fRbIRA5c

​Conforming to the law's regulations is impacting care providers as well as employers.
    Gerry, did you really expect anything different?(I'm sure YOU didn't). Even the Mayo Clinic which Buzz praised so greatly, has said that Obamacare would either put them out of business or greatly reduce the care they provide. It is also a member of a healthcare organization that is comprised of a membership that represents about 30% of the total healthcare industry, has said that their members cannot survive under Obamacare(can't remember the name of the organization). Buzz also failed to mention that the Mayo Clinic also relies on charitable donations to provide the care they give. Do you really think that the donations will continue with the creation of Obamacare. I think not. Does anyone really believe that those who support Obamacare REALLY give a damn whether it works or not. Don't you believe that those VERY PEOPLE will SCREAM for what they call a single payor system as the fix? But isn't a single payor system by definiton a SINGLE EMPLOYER SYSTEM????

Doctors are selling their practices right and left to hospitals and conglomerates. Those who don't are refusing to even accept new patients who are on medicare, let alone on medicaid. Since doctors will now be employees, will they have the right to form unions. Will they have the right to strike? Tens of thousands of pages of regulations and rules if not more and ANYBODY expect the goverment to fix what they created??? You have to be kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    .....Even the Mayo Clinic which Buzz praised so greatly, has said that Obamacare would either put them out of business or greatly reduce the care they provide. It is also a member of a healthcare organization that is comprised of a membership that represents about 30% of the total healthcare industry, has said that their members cannot survive under Obamacare(can't remember the name of the organization). ...
    Could you provide a link to support your Mayo clinic claims?

All I could find was stuff that suggests that Mayo will adapt and move on such as these:
    http://www.businessinsider.com/mayo-...lthcare-2013-2
    http://press.org/news-multimedia/new...sement-reforms
    http://www.postbulletin.com/news/loc...5ef6383a6.html

As long as your at it, references for your other claims would be interesting to read too.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Could you provide a link to support your Mayo clinic claims?

All I could find was stuff that suggests that Mayo will adapt and move on such as these:
    http://www.businessinsider.com/mayo-...lthcare-2013-2
    http://press.org/news-multimedia/new...sement-reforms
    http://www.postbulletin.com/news/loc...5ef6383a6.html

As long as your at it, references for your other claims would be interesting to read too.
    As to the statement about Mayo Clinic surviving under Obamacare, that was made about 4-5 years ago. I SAID that I could not remember the organization which the Moyo clinic is also a member, also said that its members could not survive either. The Mayo Clinic in Phoenix,DID get into a fight with the gov. about reimbursements for medicare and medicaid during Obama's first term and sent out letters in a single day informing 7000 patients that they no longer would be treated by the Clinic. kThe result was that the gov. increased its reimbursement to the Clinic. As to its NEEDING charitble donations to cover its costs, I PERSONALY have received requests for donations. You might also check with Buzz since he also has been a patient at the clinic. Given the location and size of the Cleveland Clinic, I suspect but do not know for sure that its patient demographics is such that the largest portion of patients are medicare and medicaid. Check the news if you have any doubt as to its ability to survive. Given the size of the Cleveland Clinic, I will not be surprised if the gov. increases reimbursement for it. Just another waiver so to speak for those who cannot survive and ring the deathnell for those who are smaller and cannot compete without a waiver.

I am sure you think that I am radical but I assure you that given the opinion of most of my fellow dentists, I am fairly moderate. Many of their comments are not suitable for even this forum. Those things that made my profession so rewarding(not talking about money), are fast being destroyed by the gov. As a result I see patient satisfaction destroyed and the attitude of the provider being changed for the worse. As for me, there is no way that I would today choose the career that I chose, not for any amount of money. Even today, I still have patients calling me asking for advise. I listen to their stories and have no answer.

Your post was general so I don't know if I have answered all your questions. I don't think that I have ever shied away from answering any. If I missed anything let me know.

This Kentucky family just saw their health insurance premium triple with their individual plan with Humana
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...are-nightmare/
    Now, depending on their income level, they may be eligible for a subsidy, but the premium change was certainly a shocker for them.

The thing is that with the premiums going up so much for some people, the numbers of people who will be eligible for at least some subsidy may also be much greater than anticipated. (That is if anyone understands how the subsidies will actually be applied. My sense has been that the subsidies are related to earned income and also to what %-age of income the insurance premium comes to.) If the subsidies are greater than anticipated, then the cost of the law will also be greater than anticipated.
    Last edited by Gerry Clinchy; 09-24-2013 at 12:44 AM.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

This Kentucky family just saw their health insurance premium triple with their individual plan with Humana
    Now, depending on their income level, they may be eligible for a subsidy, but the premium change was certainly a shocker for them.

The thing is that with the premiums going up so much for some people, the numbers of people who will be eligible for at least some subsidy may also be much greater than anticipated. (That is if anyone understands how the subsidies will actually be applied. My sense has been that the subsidies are related to earned income and also to what %-age of income the insurance premium comes to.) If the subsidies are greater than anticipated, then the cost of the law will also be greater than anticipated.
    And those who support this boondoggle CLAIM to be for the little man!! What they are really for are those WHO RIDE IN THE WAGON. As I once said, the smartest thing I ever heard Nancy Pelosi say was that we had to pass it to find out what was in it. How many waivers, exemptions, rules, regulations, subsities must Obamacare have before the liberals SCREAM that IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED and the only way to fix it, is a SINGLE EMPLOYER SYSTEM.

Not a lot of details in that article is there?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

The truth comes out of Ted Cruise's mouth right on the Rush Limbaugh show, and Rush agrees with him! You can hear it right at my link! Then of course they go on to say that no one will get health insurance, it'll be cheaper to just pay the fine. So, the insurance companies will all go broke, the won't have any customers! LOL! Can you say contradiction? Some funny stuff right there! Throw as much crap at the wall possible and people will hear the argument that sits well with them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0iGBDhThzg#t=2m48s
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    The truth comes out of Ted Cruise's mouth right on the Rush Limbaugh show, and Rush agrees with him! You can hear it right at my link! Then of course they go on to say that no one will get health insurance, it'll be cheaper to just pay the fine. So, the insurance companies will all go broke, the won't have any customers! LOL! Can you say contradiction? Some funny stuff right there! Throw as much crap at the wall possible and people will hear the argument that sits well with them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0iGBDhThzg#t=2m48s
    Why hell Buzz, that's almost as ludicrous as passing a bill that destroys the American medical system just to see what's in it.
    Last edited by huntinman; 09-25-2013 at 08:52 AM.
    Bill Davis

I JUST listened to a statement by Obama concrning Obamacare. He said "what the American people will get is HIGH QUALITY AFFORDABLE HEALTHCARE for LESS than their telephone bill!" Hell, I can't buy high quality dog food for the 2 lab pets I have in my home for les than my telephone bill.

Certainly a lot of details in his speech, Snake oil and BS to my way of thinking.

Those people are the norm for the currently self insured whose premiums are about to go thru the roof due to OBUMMA care. We have been warned by BCBSNC to expect a massive increase but still can't get an actual number. None of this has anything to do with claims as we have none. We are not the young but rather the healthy. That is not to say that we never go to the Dr but rather just pay and hang on to the reg bills incase we ever get near our deductable. Think the old style 80/20 after deductable type plan. I will be damned if I'm going to feed his beast.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI