The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Obamacare ... the legal stuff

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    I JUST listened to a statement by Obama concrning Obamacare. He said "what the American people will get is HIGH QUALITY AFFORDABLE HEALTHCARE for LESS than their telephone bill!" Hell, I can't buy high quality dog food for the 2 lab pets I have in my home for les than my telephone bill.

Certainly a lot of details in his speech, Snake oil and BS to my way of thinking.
    Just using my landline which includes unlimited US and Canada long distance I can already pay 8 months of bills for 1 month of my pre BUMFACE CRAP medical insurance.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

"what the American people will get is HIGH QUALITY AFFORDABLE HEALTHCARE for LESS than their telephone bill!"
    If this is an accurate quote ... we should not impeach the man, he should be committed to a mental institution.

First, because he might actually believe this himself(when Federal employees are up in arms because they say they can't afford the premiums of O-care); and second, because he expects that anyone else believes that when the cold, hard facts are in front of them. He's either plain nuts, or believes he can present any fairy tale as fact and have it believed.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    If this is an accurate quote ... we should not impeach the man, he should be committed to a mental institution.

First, because he might actually believe this himself(when Federal employees are up in arms because they say they can't afford the premiums of O-care); and second, because he expects that anyone else believes that when the cold, hard facts are in front of them. He's either plain nuts, or believes he can present any fairy tale as fact and have it believed.
    I may have missed a pronoun, but to the best of my recollection, the quote is accurate especially comparing the cost to the telephone bill. I just saw and heard the video this morning on MSNBC. You did leave out one possibility though. The thought crossed my mind that he is just one of the biggest liers I have heard in a long time.

http://t.nbcnews.com/health/11-month...ind-8C11250211

Thought you guys would enjoy this.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Turner View Post
    You can't believe these mainstream media lies. This is all about a government takeover of the healthcare system and getting between you and your doctor. It has nothing to do with setting up a competitive marketplace for private insurance companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    You can't believe these mainstream media lies. This is all about a government takeover of the healthcare system and getting between you and your doctor. It has nothing to do with setting up a competitive marketplace for private insurance companies.
    You have GOT to be kidding!! If the government WANTED competition between the insurance companies, it would not DICTATE the types of policies that they could write.

I just saw Obama with the Clintons a few minutes ago. He has now changed his phone comparison with the cost of health insurance. NOW he says your health insurance will be LESS than your cell phone bill. Not really a lie because that is probably true for those on medicaid. Oh I forgot. Their cell phone bill is ZERO and their medicaid bill is ZERO too!!

You have GOT to be kidding!!
    Not kidding at all. A marketplace with rules and a floor. Not a race to the bottom.

Not kidding at all. A marketplace with rules and a floor. Not a race to the bottom.
    The rules and floor are what RESTRICTS COMPETITION.

The rules and floor are what RESTRICTS COMPETITION.
    Interesting point of view.

I now have two insurance company choices from my employer. According to my state's insurance exchange, I will be able to choose from dozens of insurers and plans. Sounds like more choice and more competition for my dollar than ever existed before.

Interesting point of view.

I now have two insurance company choices from my employer. According to my state's insurance exchange, I will be able to choose from dozens of insurers and plans. Sounds like more choice and more competition for my dollar than ever existed before.
    Don't count on it for long Henry, once carriers start to disseminate the actuarial numbers they will be dropping out of the exchanges quickly. Last thursday all but two dropped out of the Louisiana exchange and it's happening all over the country. Covering preexisting conditions with only a 50% increase in premium isn't actuarially sustainable IMO. There is a reason why carriers excluded certain pre existing conditions previously, they couldn't charge enough to make money and most people couldn't afford the premiums. I am giving the exchange carriers 3 years to belly up and that might be liberal.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts