Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benghazi Survivors Forced to Sign Non Disclosure Agreements

Default Benghazi Survivors Forced to Sign Non Disclosure Agreements

No surprise here...

Congressman: Benghazi Survivors Forced to Sign Non-Disclosure Agreements

The Weekly Standard
    Daniel Halper

July 18, 2013 10:33 AM

Congressman Frank Wolf, a Republican from Virginia, said today on the House floor that survivors of the Benghazi terror attack have been forced to sign non-disclosure agreements:

"On Tuesday I raised the question of why none of the Benghazi survivors, whether State Department, CIA, or private security contract employees have testified publicly before Congress," said Wolf.

"According to trusted sources that have contacted my office, many if not all of the survivors of the Benghazi attacks along with others at the Department of Defense, the CIA have been asked or directed to sign additional non-disclosure agreements about their involvement in the Benghazi attacks. Some of these new NDAs, as they call them, I have been told were signed as recently as this summer."

Wolf continued: "It is worth nothing that the Marine Corps Times yesterday reported that the Marine colonel whose task force was responsible for special operations in northern and western Africa at the time of the attack is still on active duty despite claims that he retired. And therefore could not be forced to testify before Congress.

"If these reports are accurate, this would be a stunning revelation to any member of Congress, any member of Congress that finds this out and also more importantly to the American people. It also raises serious concerns about the priority of the administration's efforts to silence those with knowledge of the Benghazi attack in response.

"So today I ask, how many federal employees, military personnel, or contractors have been asked to sign additional non-disclosure agreements by each agency? And do these non-disclosure agreements apply to those undercover or have non-covert State Department and Defense Department employees?"

Wolf added, "I do not expect the Obama administration to be forthcoming with answers, but if this Congress, if this Congress does not ask for the information and compel its delivery, the American people will never learn the truth. Any federal employer employee or contractor who has been coerced and is silenced through a non-disclosure agreement should expect that Congress [will] ask to speak out on their behalf and compel their voice to be heard. That's why I, along with 159 of my colleagues, support a Select Committee to hold public hearings to learn the truth about what happened that night in Benghazi."
    Bill Davis

Isn't it amazing how frequently the Democrats avoid answering any of this? It appears Slick Willie has his gizmo in the works again. The corruption is just incredulous, and the MSP continues to cover it up. Is this what the 'fools' of this country were looking forward to? Hard to imagine there are so few real Americans left standing in this nation.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

The most transparent administration in history.

It is true to a certain extent. If one has a brain at all, you should be able to see right through all the lies.
    Bill Davis

The lack of a functioning brain by so many liberals really makes you wonder how the uninformed/unintelligent masses can survive. It's a good thing breathing is an involuntary action or we would have lots of rotting corpses piling up!!!!

I could understand closed hearings if some of these survivors might reveal matters of national security. OTOH, I do believe that the Benghazi affair was a massive screw-up by people we depend on NOT to screw up when civilian service lives are at stake, and the retired SEALS were also now civilians (right?). So far, nobody has been held accountable for ANYthing. (Not for Benghazi or any of the other agency abuses that continue to pile up.)

Who would want to serve an administration that views their lives so easily expendable ... or better word, disposable.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Seems appropriate for what's happening in the news ...
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...t-walter-reed/
    So, there is a survivor of the Benghazi attacks being treated at Walter Reed. In fact, he was on the roof with Doherty and Woods. He has undergone several surgeries to save his leg which was severely injured at Benghazi.

Rep. Chaffetz says that he has not been permitted to see the survivor, Diplomatic Security Agent David Ubben. DOS, of course, says they have done everything they can to be helpful. The story mentions that DOS confirms that three of its "agents" and one of its contractors were injured in the attacks. No mention of where those four are located right now.

Ubben was the person who recovered Sean Smith's body, and went back to find Stevens, but was not successful in finding Stevens.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...t-walter-reed/
    So, there is a survivor of the Benghazi attacks being treated at Walter Reed. In fact, he was on the roof with Doherty and Woods. He has undergone several surgeries to save his leg which was severely injured at Benghazi.

Rep. Chaffetz says that he has not been permitted to see the survivor, Diplomatic Security Agent David Ubben. DOS, of course, says they have done everything they can to be helpful. The story mentions that DOS confirms that three of its "agents" and one of its contractors were injured in the attacks. No mention of where those four are located right now.

Ubben was the person who recovered Sean Smith's body, and went back to find Stevens, but was not successful in finding Stevens.
    The others have been lobotomized by now... (only half kidding)
    Bill Davis

Might have to agree with you, Bill, that these survivors would have concern for their lives if their stories reveal some stuff that don't fit well into "the narrative."

Was surprised to hear Gen. Ham admit that the military couldn't do anything to help the victims at Benghazi. There might be some questions that weren't asked though. We're told that the military does have these quick-response teams for small skirmishes like this one. Could they not use them because of the air space permission that could only be ordered by POTUS?

Of course, Ham DID say that everyone quickly realized that this had to be a terrorist attack ... by the time Hillary and Barry appeared in the Rose Garden the facts were already known. So, when both of them were still telling the parents of the dead that it was all about the video, they were, indeed, lying.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Might have to agree with you, Bill, that these survivors would have concern for their lives if their stories reveal some stuff that don't fit well into "the narrative."

Was surprised to hear Gen. Ham admit that the military couldn't do anything to help the victims at Benghazi. There might be some questions that weren't asked though. We're told that the military does have these quick-response teams for small skirmishes like this one. Could they not use them because of the air space permission that could only be ordered by POTUS?

Of course, Ham DID say that everyone quickly realized that this had to be a terrorist attack ... by the time Hillary and Barry appeared in the Rose Garden the facts were already known. So, when both of them were still telling the parents of the dead that it was all about the video, they were, indeed, lying.
    With Obama and Hillary, it's pathological... They lie so much, they believe their own lies...
    Bill Davis