RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Retriever-R-Trainer + BumperBoy Bumpers

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Hew 
#1 ·
Does anybody know if BumperBoy bumpers will work on the Retriever-R-Trainer? It is the same type mechanism, but I'm not sure id the shaft diameter is the same.

#4 ·
The reason I was asking is that I'm looking at the John Boy launchers and it looks like they incorporate the Retrie-R-Trainer as the launching mechanism. It would've been nice to be able to use the BB bumpers instead of the canvas ones.

#6 ·
Dave Combs said:
Heard yesterday that Lucky dog launchers are the same size as the BB? Anyone know for a fact?
Yes, they fit on the shaft.

I have not fired either bumper from the other launcher.

Joe Miano

#9 ·
Lucky Launchers will fire BB bumpers. Drew straws just yesterday to see who would be first to fire. Throws BB bumper w/ streamer about 1/3 the distance as a normal bumper.
Hew,

How this compare distance wise with how far the Bumper Boy throws the bumpers?

Anthony

#11 ·
With red shells, and stock anchored against my thigh, the Lucky Launcher will throw a BumperBoy bumper (w/ streamer) about 40 to 50 yards with a nice arc (45 degree + angle). So to answer your question....about the same distance a BB throws a BB bumper.

I love the BB bumpers and use them often for hand-thrown marks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.