The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Need Info: NurtriSource Perf. or Dr. Tim's Pursuit - please don't bury in reviews

I have been feeding Dr Tim's Pursuit for over a year now and can honestly say that my dog's have never looked better. I have fed Blue Wilderness, PPP, Evo and a few others and I am having the best results with Dr Tim's. Plus if you ever have any questions you can just e-mail him and he gets back to you promptly.

Pudel How much does your dog(s) weigh? How active ? How many cups do you feed? How many stools a day per dog? It REALLY does sound like s great food
    BB
    Sight To Sea Labradors
    Southern Cross at Sight to Sea SH "Crosby" (by NAFC FC AFC Cody Cut a Lean Grade)
    Tealwood's Willing at Sight to Sea JH ( by CH I am Able)
    Briarglen's Running on Faith JH (by FC Fish River's Out of the Park)
    Glendair's Come Home to the Sea ( By Ch Topform's Edward MH, QAA)
    Sight To Sea's Take Aim SH (by Sight to Sea's Southern Comfort SH )Aug 23 2003-Feb 2013 Go get em , Man!

Manager of www.DeCoverlykennels.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget Bodine View Post
    Pudel How much does your dog(s) weigh? How active ? How many cups do you feed? How many stools a day per dog? It REALLY does sound like s great food
    I have a 70# male and 61# female, both Pudelpointers. The male is 4 and he eats about 1 3/4 cups Dr Tim's and about 1/2# raw chicken each day. The female gets 2 heaping cups of Dr Tim's a day and they both get whatever the kids drop on the floor at dinner. Both dogs are trained every Saturday and Sunday with Moderate exercise. Each one will do about 30 minutes field work each day and about 10 min water work. During the week they play in the yard and get one or two trips to the park. During the hunting season I am either guiding and or hunting hard every weekend and I up there intake as needed but not by more than an additional cup. I would say they both have a stool in the am and then again at night and they are usually on the smaller side. Both dogs enjoy eating it. A few guys in my training group are making the switch because they see the difference it has made in my dogs. Good luck!

Pam,

Mine is a food hound too but thats all she gets. 1 cup 2x a day. She looks real good now

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget Bodine View Post
    I do get better pricing ...I am using retail for this because most people don't get the 10,000 lb rate. I was using Dr Tim's Momentum for my example , will edit to reflect.
    Dr. Tim sells pallets direct at a great discount. Last time I checked Pursuit was about $1.10lb and Momentum $1.35lb including shipping and no tax.

Figure you have to buy a minimum of 2,200lbs

Bridget you don't live far from the plant. Go on FB and check the testimonials. The premier working jack russell breeder in the USA just put the kennel on the food and had a nice testimonial.
    Last edited by SpinRetriever; 07-22-2013 at 04:34 PM.

I fed NutriSource Performance to my two male foxhounds. At 4 cups a day they could not keep weight.
    I have Dr Tim's Momentum on its way from petflow for them now.
    Last edited by Meagan Alexander; 07-28-2013 at 12:56 PM.
    Alexander's Sweet Emma Jo
    "Emma" Born March 31, 2011

Just started feeding Dr. Tim's Pursuit, I was not having problems with the Pro Plan Turkey Selects I was feeding. I didn't have loose stools during the switch over and in the first two weeks everyone in the house has noticed her coat has gotten softer and slight shine to it. It is slightly more expensive than the Pro Plan but I think it actually might be cheaper delivered to the door than having to drive to get it.

Been feeding Dr. Tim's Pursuit for 9 months to 3 dogs and wont look back. I have also e-mailed Dr. Tim several times and have always gotten very quick and personal replies. He even e-mailed me once saying he was driving through my town and would wave as he went past. Doesn't mean he has good food, but usually good service and good customer support are related. We get a 44lbs bag delivered from Petflow every three weeks like clock work for right about $65.

I won 12 bags of it a couple years ago. Seemed ok. Stools were average and didn't notice any difference with the higher protein than what I was using. I went back to feeding Costco Natures Domain when it was gone and noticed no difference.