The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Need Info: NurtriSource Perf. or Dr. Tim's Pursuit - please don't bury in reviews

Outcome: Some of you have emailed me and asked me which food I chose. After consulting with a veterinary nutritionist for Cornell, I put my field champion on Dr. Tim's Pursuit. This is the note I wrote to Dr. Tim today: It says it all:

My labrador retriever field champion has been on Pursuit for the past 6 weeks, and the results have been dramatic. His coat is tremendous. While he still can have some gas, his stools are actually formed, even on a trial weekend. Most importantly, his energy level is back! And I can tell he feels better. I am not sure what I was wishing for with regards to the energy level..... but his tail is high, his eyes are bright, and he is back to being his obnoxious self that I have come to know and love. I now can get to the end of a trial weekend without him showing great fatigue! His trainer, who was resistant at first, states, "wow, I wish we would changed this earlier! It has made all the difference in his coming back after an injury!" This dog tore his CCL 1 year ago, after burying himself in the silt on the edge of a pond (like quicksand) and fighting his way out (twisting injury also). He is s/p TPLO. Thanks Dr. Tim! You have a loyal customer!

I really do attribute the food to a large part of the dramatic change I have seen in my dog. I also have cut down the amount of food I am feeding him, so the expense has evened out.
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

I have fed Nutrisource to all 3 of my dogs for two years. All are field trail dogs, all have done well on it. Good weight, hair coat and energy.

Quote Originally Posted by holly hill View Post
    I have fed Nutrisource to all 3 of my dogs for two years. All are field trail dogs, all have done well on it. Good weight, hair coat and energy.
    I did not use Nutrisource because it has oats and barley in it and my dog was so gassy he looked like he wasdoes going to bloat and torsion. The vet nutritionist had said to stay away from it to decrease the bloating.
    Last edited by JusticeDog; 09-18-2013 at 12:47 PM.
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com