The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Info: NurtriSource Perf. or Dr. Tim's Pursuit - please don't bury in reviews

We have been feeding Dr. Tim's for about 4 months . Our dogs have all done very well.

I've been feeding NS Performance for years and love it. I also feed my young ones NS LB puppy. Just bought a bag last week. Forty-five bucks for 30 pounds. Can't remember how much the Performance is. I know I spend more in gas in three days than a bag of food that lasts a month!!

Susan
    I feed my two dogs Nutrisource Performance, I feel its a very good line of dog food, Im paying $45 a bag for the 40 pounder. I also have good results with maintaining weight, nice coats,teeth and overall health and apperance. Stamina with the dogs holds up well as recovery. FWIW I fed Euk or PP before and I feel I have better results overall.

I buy it at a local feed store and they offer a buy 12 get one free
    HRC- Our season never ends

"Shoot fast or shoot last"

HR UH Nilsson's on a wing n a prayer SH WCX

Susan I feed Nutrisource foods by the ton. Literally . The labs and young setters do great on the 30/20 performance (not the super performance), the adult setter kennel does great on the adult chicken and pups are raised on a mix of LB puppy and Performance. I have two allergy dogs that are doing great on the Grain free Seafood. I love the food, I love the price
    BB
    Sight To Sea Labradors
    Southern Cross at Sight to Sea SH "Crosby" (by NAFC FC AFC Cody Cut a Lean Grade)
    Tealwood's Willing at Sight to Sea JH ( by CH I am Able)
    Briarglen's Running on Faith JH (by FC Fish River's Out of the Park)
    Glendair's Come Home to the Sea ( By Ch Topform's Edward MH, QAA)
    Sight To Sea's Take Aim SH (by Sight to Sea's Southern Comfort SH )Aug 23 2003-Feb 2013 Go get em , Man!

Manager of www.DeCoverlykennels.com

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeDog View Post
    I should have said "CORN Free."
    I believe the whole corn thing is over rated unless your dogs is allergic to corn. I fed Dr. Tims for 6 months and noticed my dogs where more thirsty and there coats dulled a little so I went to Acana and they couldnt keep the weight on, so back to pro plan and everything is just fine. I too thought corn was awful but by trying top line foods I think its a bunch of hype. Dr. Tims is a good food dont get me wrong but it just didnt work well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotta Lotta Zoom View Post
    I believe the whole corn thing is over rated unless your dogs is allergic to corn. I fed Dr. Tims for 6 months and noticed my dogs where more thirsty and there coats dulled a little so I went to Acana and they couldnt keep the weight on, so back to pro plan and everything is just fine. I too thought corn was awful but by trying top line foods I think its a bunch of hype. Dr. Tims is a good food dont get me wrong but it just didnt work well for me.
    Out of my 8 dogs, I have one that I need to do something different with. All the others and the retirees love eukanuba or purina performance as the case may be. Even though it does contain corn or byproducts which I label " beaks and feet."
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

Susan,

I fed Nutrisource for years when I could find someone to split a palette with me. Very good quality and good price. I would feed it again and buy 25 bags at a time if I could find someone to split again.

I found it when shopping for higher quality food for older dogs and to prevent allergies. It is not available in my area at all so I became a dealer.

Max has loose stools on all other brands (even the more expensive stuff) except Nutrisource and Pro Plan.

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeDog View Post
    Out of my 8 dogs, I have one that I need to do something different with. All the others and the retirees love eukanuba or purina performance as the case may be. Even though it does contain corn or byproducts which I label " beaks and feet."
    Beaks and feet, I like that. lol. I just looked at the nutrisource website and there food looks good. Plus you got several people here that backs it up, Id go for it. I might try the super performance once my Slider pup gets a year or so old. I seen online for 50 bucks for a 40# bag, cant complain on pricing either.

I feed Nutrisource Performance to my three field trial dogs and they have done well on it. One of those dogs has skin issues and he is better on Nutrisource Performance than any other food I have had him on. Chris Ledford also feeds Nutrisource performance and his dogs look great. Go to their web site and read the label. No corn

We love the Dr. Tim's momentum, actually was able to put weight on our males right away, which we wanted. Our females were fine weight wise on Orijen. We are actually mixing the Dr. Tim's Momentum with Orijen and are really happy with our results across the board, finally. We have tried lots of different foods from PPP to Orijen and Dr. Tim's is the one that can consistently keep the weight on in heavy training. You do not have to feed much of it, Momentum is 588kcals per cup, where PPP and Orijen are about 480-490. Just our personal experience in the food game.
    Colleen